Would you be okay with a Female lead?

#41adz-specPosted 2/8/2013 1:42:48 AM
Honorless posted...
If you don't want "generic crap" (generic=common) storylines, you probably shouldn't be playing GTA games, as they're clearly copy/pastes from hundreds of stories/comics & Hollywood movies Scarface, Heat, GoodFellas, Godfather, Boys in the Hood, intermixed with absurdity (in that specific case, comically speaking, Saints Row 3 is the most original of the script among GTA/RDR/or even MP)
Max Payne being any hardboiled/noir, & RDR borrowing from every western under the sun.

Really, you're calling GTA, RDR and Max Payne generic? Because Rockstar have taken inspiration from/paid homage to some iconic movies? Just because something is not completely original doesn't make it generic.

The main thing I also don't want to be generic is the protagonists's personality. I like the characters Rockstar create, and some of the crazy, memorable personalities. A custom protagonist cannot be anything like that. They have to be generic, ie: non-specific. I have no interest in that. I want a detailed character with a specific personality and back story that suits the plot.
---
PSN: adz-spec
#42deltamustang_65Posted 2/8/2013 11:24:41 PM
Agreed.

I wouldn't mind more customization for my online guy, though. It'd be nice to unlock all of the clothes and gear from the main game, plus maybe some extra and/or hidden stuff.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#43AClockworkPeachPosted 2/9/2013 1:48:35 AM
I didn't miss GameFAQS at all. I'll be back in a month or two.
---
It's a catch 22, either you lose or you lose, that's the way the game structured, for real ******* to suffer.