PS4 and gta v?

#1toliveiraPosted 2/1/2013 7:35:27 AM
http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/31/3939410/wsj-playstation-orbis-ps4-will-arrive-later-in-2013
This worries me alot.. the fanbase will likely switch to the ps4 and sony has announced no compatibility with ps3 games..
#2Filthy_EsquirePosted 2/1/2013 7:47:25 AM
I didn't even get to play the PS3 that much man... I'm getting old.
#3toliveira(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 7:53:24 AM
Filthy_Esquire posted...

Me neither now that you speak of it.. and i bought it back in 2007..
I still remember buying gta iv, the game that i played the most.
#4vivalatourPosted 2/1/2013 9:58:38 AM
did anyone see the ps4 teaser trailer , it's real silly !
#5MShogunHPosted 2/1/2013 10:26:18 AM
vivalatour posted...
did anyone see the ps4 teaser trailer , it's real silly !

4 symbols + a date = PlayStation Nation goes insane lool
---
(PSN: MShogunH)
Grand Theft Auto V Countdown: 228 Days
#6Filthy_EsquirePosted 2/1/2013 12:31:05 PM
toliveira posted...
Filthy_Esquire posted...

Me neither now that you speak of it.. and i bought it back in 2007..
I still remember buying gta iv, the game that i played the most.

I just beat the expansions in 2011... and finally played them all online last year.

I had been playing GTA IV since launch but didn't actually beat it until 2011.

Still haven't beaten, played more than a few minutes of RDR... Or even touched or seen in action L.A, Noir or MP3 and I'm the biggest Max Payne fan.

I haven't even played midnight club.

I haven't even beaten this gen's Metal Gear, and I beat Metal Gear so many times there isn't a secret I don't know.

But this gen was too expensive.

This gen didn't even give PS3 bully. For me this gen was missed opportunities. I did play AC3 and the hype was deserved. I spent a great deal giggling while killing things, and being stealth, and that is what gaming is about. Turning you into a childlike killing machine. LOL.
#7Dr_KainPosted 2/1/2013 4:40:51 PM
toliveira posted...
sony has announced no compatibility with ps3 games..

Sony hasn't even officially announced a PS4 yet, why would they announce if it will be backwards compatible right now? I'm pretty sure it will be because people are not going to just rebuy all of their games.
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#8nativenginePosted 2/1/2013 4:48:24 PM
toliveira posted...
http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/31/3939410/wsj-playstation-orbis-ps4-will-arrive-later-in-2013
This worries me alot.. the fanbase will likely switch to the ps4 and sony has announced no compatibility with ps3 games..

Sony hasn't even announced the existance of the PS4, how in the blue f*** could they say that? Don't believe everything(damn near anything) you read on the speculation sites my friend.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#9toliveira(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 7:41:16 PM(edited)
nativengine posted...
toliveira posted...

Sony hasn't even announced the existance of the PS4, how in the blue f*** could they say that? Don't believe everything(damn near anything) you read on the speculation sites my friend.

I agree completely with you however sony discontinued the ps2 compatiblity completely because they were still selling the ps3 and when the ps4 is released the ps3 will still be sold.. I am obviously not sure and no one is but i kind of doubt it..
I'm afraid that gta v won't be like san andreas and might actually flop in sales, not because it is a bad game but because of the generation transition and the sept. release.

edit: the ps2 compatibility was also removed because it was costly (gs needed) and faulty, i'm sure that the ps3 emulation won't be an exception.
#10thedeparted94Posted 2/1/2013 9:21:28 PM
There's only been a dozen great games on ps3 :/ i feel a little cheated..

Atleast we'll get one more masterpiece !
---
<PSN> britz02