I hope this is GTA 4.5 instead of "V'

#1TaikutsunaPosted 2/5/2013 1:34:46 PM
When GTA III came out it was/is a great game. Rockstar continued to Polish the GTA III game engine with "Vice City" and then "San Andreas" Taking the engine as far as it could go. Then moving to GTAIV... Still a Good game (Better than a lot of Imitators) but was lacking Rockstar polish and detail. They released 2 expansions, but nothing that improved upon the initial GTA IV game Engine.

SO... I hope this is GTA 4.5, because I really don't want to be disappointed with a Whole New game engine.
---
If god didn't want people eating animals...
He wouldn't have made them out of meat..
#2mentallyfunny00Posted 2/5/2013 5:54:11 PM
I don't think this is a new engine. I'm pretty sure its the same one from GTA IV and RDR.
---
Quack damn you!
#3MShogunHPosted 2/5/2013 5:54:39 PM
Its not. Its GTA V. Get over it
---
(PSN: MShogunH)
Grand Theft Auto V Countdown: 224 Days
#4mentallyfunny00Posted 2/5/2013 5:56:10 PM
Taikutsuna posted...
When GTA III came out it was/is a great game. Rockstar continued to Polish the GTA III game engine with "Vice City" and then "San Andreas" Taking the engine as far as it could go. Then moving to GTAIV... Still a Good game (Better than a lot of Imitators) but was lacking Rockstar polish and detail. They released 2 expansions, but nothing that improved upon the initial GTA IV game Engine.

SO... I hope this is GTA 4.5, because I really don't want to be disappointed with a Whole New game engine.

Lacked R* polish and detail? It's the most polished and detailed gta game.
---
Quack damn you!
#5Taikutsuna(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 8:44:27 PM
mentallyfunny00 posted...
Taikutsuna posted...

Lacked R* polish and detail? It's the most polished and detailed gta game.

It's the best looking GTA game, but it hardly has the attention to detail and polish of the previous games... it rained on me in an underground parking area.... it had next to no mini-games, it had all the failings of a new and untested game engin... it doesn't mean it wasn't fun, but there's a reason so many people were disappointed with GTA IV
---
If it weren't for Me... It would just be Aweso.
#6deltamustang_65Posted 2/5/2013 9:12:02 PM
Taikutsuna posted...
It's the best looking GTA game, but it hardly has the attention to detail and polish of the previous games... it rained on me in an underground parking area.... it had next to no mini-games, it had all the failings of a new and untested game engin... it doesn't mean it wasn't fun, but there's a reason so many people were disappointed with GTA IV

I bolded the only real issue regarding "polish". I await more examples.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#7Taikutsuna(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 9:38:00 PM
deltamustang_65 posted...
Taikutsuna posted...

I bolded the only real issue regarding "polish". I await more examples.

And I negated your post where you alluded to being affiliated with Rockstar. so... Go figure.
---
If it weren't for Me... It would just be Aweso.
#8deltamustang_65Posted 2/6/2013 1:03:18 AM
I must have missed that part. I guess the two cancel each other out? Hooray logic!
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#9doofy102Posted 2/6/2013 3:06:45 AM(edited)
TC, every game R* has made since GTAIV has been using/advancing the GTAIV engine. Are you forgetting Red Dead, Max Payne 3, etc? All of that progress, plus a whole lot of innovation, is going into GTAV.
---
LittleBigPockets: A study of the video game LittleBigPlanet and the odd things that children create on it. http://littlebigpockets.blogspot.com.au/
#10vivalatourPosted 2/6/2013 4:07:51 AM
beavis and butthead say engines are cool yeah yeah yeah CAN YOU DIG IIIIIIIT ?