I hope this is GTA 4.5 instead of "V'

#11spaz12Posted 2/6/2013 7:18:11 AM
Taikutsuna posted...
mentallyfunny00 posted...
Taikutsuna posted...
When GTA III came out it was/is a great game. Rockstar continued to Polish the GTA III game engine with "Vice City" and then "San Andreas" Taking the engine as far as it could go. Then moving to GTAIV... Still a Good game (Better than a lot of Imitators) but was lacking Rockstar polish and detail. They released 2 expansions, but nothing that improved upon the initial GTA IV game Engine.

SO... I hope this is GTA 4.5, because I really don't want to be disappointed with a Whole New game engine.

Lacked R* polish and detail? It's the most polished and detailed gta game.

It's the best looking GTA game, but it hardly has the attention to detail and polish of the previous games... it rained on me in an underground parking area.... it had next to no mini-games, it had all the failings of a new and untested game engin... it doesn't mean it wasn't fun, but there's a reason so many people were disappointed with GTA IV

yeah, and the reasons weren't that it lacked polish nor detail. it's what separates it (and other rockstar games) from other games in the same genre.

but yes, it will be the same engine (rage, euphoria) as GTA IV and other recent rockstar games.
---
MuFF haT Inc.
#12pixelkillaPosted 2/6/2013 2:04:02 PM
Liked the way IV and RDR played, for the most part. Take out the offset chase cam, fix the cam on the centerline and leave camera swing to the R stick, more height so we can see the nose of the vehicle, and add about 35% to the weight of vehicles and the resultant bit more of traction, and that'd be good.
#13Taikutsuna(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 2:17:30 PM
pixelkilla posted...
Liked the way IV and RDR played, for the most part. Take out the offset chase cam, fix the cam on the centerline and leave camera swing to the R stick, more height so we can see the nose of the vehicle, and add about 35% to the weight of vehicles and the resultant bit more of traction, and that'd be good.

I didn't have a problem with how IV played either. Unlike some, I enjoyed IV and gave Rockstar leeway for not throwing everything from San Andreas into a new Game Engine. My concern was that Rockstar didn't use the IV moniker until it had a Brand NEW game engine and now they are going to V. as long as V is a more polished version of IV, this game will be incredible. If they were going to start a new engine, then we would have to expect a lot of things missing.
---
If it weren't for Me... It would just be Aweso.
#14professor_choasPosted 2/6/2013 5:44:53 PM
I want V. I know the game will be an improvement over IV, which it should, but I don't want to feel like I'm playing 4.5. That's kind of like talk of the new Saints Row game, but that's a completely different topic.

And IV was my favorite of the series as well. The game wasn't perfect but it was a 9/10 in my eyes.
---
They see me trollin, they hatin
#15Taikutsuna(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 6:07:47 PM
professor_choas posted...
I want V. I know the game will be an improvement over IV, which it should, but I don't want to feel like I'm playing 4.5. That's kind of like talk of the new Saints Row game, but that's a completely different topic.

And IV was my favorite of the series as well. The game wasn't perfect but it was a 9/10 in my eyes.

San andreas didn't "Feel" like you were playing GTAIII, but it was the same game engine. My biggest concern was to avoid the New game engine when they didn't fully use the previous.
---
#16professor_choasPosted 2/6/2013 6:55:39 PM
That's true. SA compared to 3 and VC felt much more fluid in every sense. I would hope the same is true for IV and V. Based on what's been shown, my expectations are high for a mass improvement over IV. With them revamping everything, I can't see there being enough similarities between the 2 games to call it 4.5 and I still think they'll use the engine to its best abilities.
---
They see me trollin, they hatin
#17Taikutsuna(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:11:55 PM
professor_choas posted...
That's true. SA compared to 3 and VC felt much more fluid in every sense. I would hope the same is true for IV and V. Based on what's been shown, my expectations are high for a mass improvement over IV. With them revamping everything, I can't see there being enough similarities between the 2 games to call it 4.5 and I still think they'll use the engine to its best abilities.

One of the things I liked about Saint's row the third, was even though it was a new engine, they took a short cut and put everything on the phone, so you still got a full game, It was acceptable for a new engine, but if they tried it for saint's row IV i'd start looking for other examples of lazy programming. Rockstar showed absolutely NO lazy programming, they just neglected to put in a lot of things from previous games. Details that make GTA, GTA.

So, yea... if this is the same engine in the hands of Rockstar it will be awesome.
---
#18freedreePosted 2/9/2013 6:23:11 AM
I think the jump from GTAIV to V, is just that they decided to make each main game a numbered sequal.

They had three games in the GTAIII trilogy (GTAIII, Vice City, San Andreas), with GTAIV, it's basically another trilogy (GTAIV, Lost and Damned, Ballad of Gay Tony). I'm guessing that now, each trilogy will be based in one city, that way, unlike with the GTAIII trilogy, it makes the most of each one. So, I expect that there will be two extensions to GTAV (unless they are replacing that with the 3 protagonists O_o), and then they move on to GTAVI.

I think that the reason why GTAIV may feel lacking compared to San Andreas, is because of the new generation, it was their first game with that specific engine.

GTAV I think will show more progress than the difference between GTAIII and Vice City, but that doesn't mean they are changing the engine, they are probably just going to stick to one engine per generation.
#19MShogunHPosted 2/9/2013 12:15:25 PM
freedree posted...
They had three games in the GTAIII trilogy (GTAIII, Vice City, San Andreas)

What about Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories? Aren't they in the GTA III era too?
---
(PSN: MShogunH)
Grand Theft Auto V Countdown: 220 Days
#20freedreePosted 2/9/2013 12:50:18 PM
freedree posted...
They had three games in the GTAIII trilogy (GTAIII, Vice City, San Andreas)

What about Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories? Aren't they in the GTA III era too?

Yeah that's true XD, forgot about those lol. But I still find they were more like side-stories then the others, or something.
However, you have a point, I didn't take them into account lol.