I hope this is GTA 4.5 instead of "V'

#31freedreePosted 2/19/2013 7:30:55 AM
GTAIV was the first GTA game since it went 3D that I didn't experience falling through the world and visiting blue/brown/gray/whatever hell. It was quite polished... On the other hand, certain things annoyed the **** out of me the major things appear to have been addressed. Now hopefully they don't put in another version of the stupid packages with no point to do other than a stupid trophy.

100% this! No more useless pidgeons please :(.
#32spaz12Posted 2/19/2013 8:15:18 AM
PHOENIXZERO posted...
Now hopefully they don't put in another version of the stupid packages with no point to do other than a stupid trophy.

they used to have a point.
---
MuFF haT Inc.
#33PHOENIXZEROPosted 2/19/2013 8:28:49 AM
Of course they did and that was fine but GTAIV it was like Rockstar was trolling us. The trophy/achievement's name should have been "And all I got was this lousy T-Shirt".
---
Search engines are awesome, you can find the answer to the question that's been asked a hundred times before in a manner of seconds, more people should try it.
#34deltamustang_65Posted 2/19/2013 10:17:21 AM
spaz12 posted...
PHOENIXZERO posted...
Now hopefully they don't put in another version of the stupid packages with no point to do other than a stupid trophy.

they used to have a point.

They used to have no trophy.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#35Offworlder1Posted 2/19/2013 11:54:31 AM
The hidden packages used to give weapons unlocked in front of a safehouse or save point in the GTA 3 era games, that was better then some stupid trophy or achievement any day.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#36spaz12Posted 2/19/2013 12:36:08 PM
that's what i'm saying. don't get rid of 'em, make them actually mean something again by giving us rewards for every x amount we collect.
---
MuFF haT Inc.
#37deltamustang_65Posted 2/19/2013 6:22:31 PM
I can only speak for myself, here, but in SA, those bonus safehouse weapons were never something I couldn't get a dozen other ways.

Face it, "packages" are always going to be aroundfor the people that enjoy them, and also to encourage exploration.
---
#38Offworlder1Posted 2/19/2013 6:59:57 PM
I like having the hidden packages but they need to get you more then some stupid BS trophy or achievement, atleast unlocking the free weapons was a reward, most of the guns could be easily found but it was still better then getting jack **** which is what happened in GTA IV.

In GTA 3, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS the hidden packages unlocked free weapons at your safehouse, in GTA IV, TL&D, and TBoGT they unlocked 1 vehicle only which wasn't even worth it as you had to collect ALL the hidden packages just for one little reward. In GTA 3 era games every 10 packages or so you unlocked a free weapon at the safehouse.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#39deltamustang_65Posted 2/19/2013 7:45:42 PM
For myself, it was the same as getting jack ****. I honestly don't understand why it's such an issue for some folks.
---
#40freedreePosted 2/20/2013 6:11:40 AM
I loved having packages to collect, especially when there were different types like in SA. But in GTAIV, I didn't even try :/, however, the expansions gave more rewards for the seagulls I think, even if it still wasn't as good as he older games. Also, I feel that Liberty City isn't as fun to explore as San Andreas (or Los Santos for GTAV).

So I definitely have hope for GTAV, whatever I didn't like in GTAIV seems to have been made up for in the expansions (more or less, especially in TBoGT). Plus, Rockstar seems to take improvements from their other games (replaying missions from Gay Tony made it into Red Dead, the animals and random enconters from Red Dead going into GTA5 I think, etc).