so, how old were you when you started playing gta

#31KillerSlawPosted 2/11/2013 12:41:13 PM
9 or 10 with GTA or GTA2, don't remember which I actually played first but I played them both at the same time.
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/359bpg1.png http://i.imgur.com/VXqqs.gif
#32shakeNsprayPosted 2/11/2013 12:44:16 PM
14 years old, gta3, 2001
#33StealumPosted 2/11/2013 4:03:36 PM
I was 13 when I first played vice city. Back in 2003. Sadly before that I didn't know s*** about it. Til a friend told me about it in our science class, cept I think over exagggerated the gameplay, but who wouldn't rigjt.. it did still live up to his advise. I didn't even own a ps2, but was gettin one for christmas from my mom, or so I assumed. And my dad gave me some money before I even knew for a fact I had a ps2 secured ha. Safe to say, I totally went out and bougjt a few games, vice city 1stly. As well with, dark cloud (bc it just look cool) and dead to right, (god lookin back that sucks) and I think. I got metal gear solid 2 also, can't recall that for a fact just remember it being the 1st ever ps2 game I played at a friends. And it blew my mind (just below the tanker ship at the begginning tryin to see how manty of the marines I could hold up and put to sleep during the speech equal mass amount of fun). But before xmas, I would lay in my bed and just gaze over the map of vice city, anticipating what I might expect from this place. Fun times.

The next yr however, I was prepped for san andreas. Remember gettin all the $ I could from w/e and sellin games to gamestop just to preorder it. Think it was set to come out on a wedesday? Well I was at some friends on Tuesday night, and they knew I was gettin it and was axious to get their filthy hands on it. I had called gamestop about it, and heard the awesome news that preoders were able to come right then to get their copy! Well safe to say I lied to my friends, told em I had to go home, hopped on my bike and peddled as fast as possible to the mall. The real task was that being 14 I wouldn't permitted to pick it up myself( lame age restrictions) however due to mass amount of ppl comin to get it, I asked some guy if he would get mine as well, always good at winging situations. The bike ride home felt long, but that nigjht was spent on my 1st of many hrs of gametime. Even one of the 1st craziest events of it that blew my mind was I was at the harbor area in los santos, and out of nowhere ballers came by and did a drive by, holy s***! Was my exact words. Yep those were the good days.
#34Dr_KainPosted 2/11/2013 4:52:57 PM
Actually, I could honestly see that being possible. I am a substitute teacher and have had kindergartners who play GTA and Assassin's Creed.

Anyway, I was 19 when I played GTAII and my brother was 15.
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#35ThePowerOfHeartPosted 2/11/2013 5:58:18 PM
I was 12 when GTA3 came out. A buddy of mine had it and we'd spend hours driving around fighting random pedestrians and going on high speed chases. I don't think we ever even got to the second island because we never bothered doing the missions. Good times. >_>
---
You can't give up hope just because it's hopeless! You gotta hope even more, and cover your ears and go, "Blah blah blah blah blah blah!"
#36Aldhd21Posted 2/11/2013 6:18:19 PM
original gta game for 1st playstation. game had awesome soundtrack and view from above
#37BiroZombiePosted 2/13/2013 10:44:52 AM
I was at the age of 15 when I played "Grand Theft Auto" on PC in 1998. I still own it.
---
Do not wish the ill of your enemies - plan them!
#38Nemesis_LionPosted 2/13/2013 3:50:02 PM(edited)
11 years old when I bought the first GTA for the PC
#39adz-specPosted 2/14/2013 1:06:16 AM
Dr_Kain posted...
Actually, I could honestly see that being possible. I am a substitute teacher and have had kindergartners who play GTA and Assassin's Creed.

That's some bad parenting right there.
---
PSN: adz-spec
#40donhibbardoPosted 2/14/2013 3:47:51 AM
I was 18 when GTA 1 came out. Ah man, feels like it was just yesterday. With that nostalgia, I've just turned into an old person.