Is anybody worried that

#1damonlufcPosted 2/16/2013 12:48:51 PM
This game won't be released on current gen consoles and skip to the PS4 and Xbox 720?

I'm am now the games been pushed to mid september
---
PSN: damonlufc
#2G-ZissPosted 2/16/2013 1:01:02 PM
Rockstar has already said that won't happen, so no.
#3harvie84Posted 2/16/2013 1:44:16 PM
I don't know the exact numbers but the PS3 and 360 have both sold over 70 million. Meaning that rockstar have over 140 million potential customers for GTA V compared to a few million if the game was pushed back for the launch of the PS4 or the new Xbox. So from a business point of view it doesn't make sense to push the game back to next gen.
---
PSN: harvie07
#4nativenginePosted 2/16/2013 2:26:35 PM
Rockstar and Take Two have both said that won't happen. They've been developing this game for years on current gen tech.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#5SoylentColaPosted 2/16/2013 3:41:04 PM
The game has also been in development for years, so they've been working with the current gen hardware. Jumping to the next-gen kits would delay the game substantially. Not gonna happen.
---
It varies from person to person.
#6XBPilotPosted 2/16/2013 5:33:46 PM
Is anybody worried that..... people will continue to make dumb threads without thinking about what they're saying?

I am because it's been happening since Al Gore invented the Internet and doesn't appear to be slowing down. I thought the Internet was supposed to be an "information superhighway" but it seems more like an information stupidhighway.
#7deltamustang_65Posted 2/16/2013 9:53:33 PM(edited)
Is anybody worried that people can post anything on here?

Edit: Is anybody worried that I sometimes respond without reading the other responses? Btw, good one, XBP.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#8adz-specPosted 2/17/2013 2:00:00 AM
harvie84 posted...
I don't know the exact numbers but the PS3 and 360 have both sold over 70 million. Meaning that rockstar have over 140 million potential customers for GTA V compared to a few million if the game was pushed back for the launch of the PS4 or the new Xbox. So from a business point of view it doesn't make sense to push the game back to next gen.

This.

It would simply not sell well on new consoles because the number of people who own them would be too small. GTA V will probably break sales records when it comes out for PS3 and Xbox, and Rockstar will have a crap tonne of money to pour into a next-gen GTA.
---
PSN: adz-spec
#9vivalatourPosted 2/17/2013 6:02:53 AM
I am starting to worry about R* ....period.... ? they're starting to get a Stephan King thing going down where they think their poop don't stink !
#10jazztronautPosted 2/18/2013 12:41:08 PM
I'm worried about bears
---
If you love your job, you'll never have to work a day in your life.
psn: jazztronaut