Do you think the entire map should be unlocked when you first start the game?

#1LinkinLawgPosted 2/18/2013 12:57:29 PM
Should the whole map be available from the start - Results (123 votes)
Yes
51.22% (63 votes)
No
48.78% (60 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I think it should. I never understood the point of locking out the other parts of the map when you first start the game.
---
PSN: LinkinLawg
Not changing this sig until I feel like it
#2nativenginePosted 2/18/2013 1:01:22 PM
Well it's already confirmed that the entire map will be open from the start. I personally like the closed off map because of the sense of progression. Closing it off gives you an opportunity to explore the map in detail in small section, instead of being overwhelmed by the whole thing all at once.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#3OEIO999Posted 2/18/2013 1:57:14 PM(edited)
Absolutely not, i'm all for freedom of choice, but allowing everything to be available from the moment you start would make you take it all for granted. Maybe block-off sections due a cyclone or something, since everything is based of one main-land.
#4ajbrandPosted 2/18/2013 3:11:19 PM
nativengine posted...
Well it's already confirmed that the entire map will be open from the start. I personally like the closed off map because of the sense of progression. Closing it off gives you an opportunity to explore the map in detail in small section, instead of being overwhelmed by the whole thing all at once.

^this
I agree with the map opening as you progress as well but oh we'll, it will be fun this way too!
---
PSN: ARC_Rounder
PSN: tonyb803
#5InfernoSDPosted 2/18/2013 8:28:33 PM
I like open-world games best when I'm just exploring, screwing off, doing the occasional side-mission, and picking up stupid collectables. So to that end, I get annoyed with the boundaries in most games. GTA is the rare exception where I actually enjoy the story enough not to mind.
---
|| ||\ || ||"" ||"" ||"") ||\ || /''''\
|| || \|| ||"" ||, ||""\ || \|| \,,,/
#6deltamustang_65Posted 2/18/2013 9:53:03 PM
LinkinLawg posted...
I never understood the point of locking out the other parts of the map when you first start the game.

I find that hard to believe.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#7Offworlder1Posted 2/18/2013 10:30:31 PM
The whole point of unlocking the other parts of the map is showing progression story wise and for where you are going and what is there to explore. Having the map open from the start will make it seem like less is actually there and people will not have the same sense of wonder seeing "theres more then this area and its going to be amazing when we get there".

I had my problems with GTA IV but I still enjoyed unlocking the other parts of the city as it was moving up in the world and getting to discover a new and possibly better/more interesting area.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#8thedeparted94Posted 2/19/2013 2:01:25 AM(edited)
There's always some douchebags who only buy GTA games to screw around with. Then they complain that they can't access all of the map, special weapons, vehicles etc.

These things are earned as you play the game and do missions/side missions..

Im sick of new games dumbing it down for extremely casual players! So i want it like all the other gtas please. I dont want those asses having access to everything straight off
---
<PSN> britz02
#9Blackest_WaltzPosted 2/19/2013 2:42:13 AM
I suppose the good thing is that the level design should be more 'open' in the sense that there is no need for artificial chokepoints to stop players from going to places they aren't meant to yet.

I agree, it's a shame about the sense of progression and it does seem to echo a point a Irish comedian made about how 'He has even got to see ... Manhattan'. I suppose we just have to live with it. At least it isn't sporting an 'always on' DRM!
#10vivalatourPosted 2/19/2013 5:19:17 AM
they will always leave something to mystery , just like in a good book or movie ...