Would you pay a 100 USD price tag?

#1rk_711Posted 2/19/2013 8:38:27 AM
For GTAV? Most people will probably say no, but with the hours of work they put into this game so far, everyone on this board would. It wouldn't be unfair of them either. EA can release the same sports game year after year with less than a tenth of cost of making the game and get away with a $60 price tag. Not to mention all of the crappy DLC they release the same day.

I think I would almost prefer that higher quality games sell for more than the games with a yearly release date. I doubt it would hurt the sales for GTA if they raised the cost.

Would you pay or mind?
---
I shouldaa used a rubba!
#2nativenginePosted 2/19/2013 9:05:36 AM
I'd pay but with a mad look on my face
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#3rk_711(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 9:22:20 AM
nativengine posted...
I'd pay but with a mad look on my face

You pay more for higher quality on most other things though, and most things have a rating for their quality. Diners have a health rating, hotels get stars, etc... It would be good for the gaming industry if games were priced on quality.

Skyrim and GTAV shouldn't have the same pricetag as COD and the latest blockbuster subpar videogame.
---
I shouldaa used a rubba!
#4LinkinLawgPosted 2/19/2013 9:42:22 AM
only if it was a good collectors edition.
---
PSN: LinkinLawg
Not changing this sig until I feel like it
#5deltamustang_65Posted 2/19/2013 10:01:45 AM
I paid $100 for the CE of GT5, and honestly, I had some big disappointments with that game...I don't think I'd do it again unless some BIG changes are made.

If GTA wants to put out a CE for $100, I'd be down if they included CE-only cars, clothes, and other nifty little things. They'd have to be available online, too, of course.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#6AskeladdPosted 2/19/2013 10:30:27 AM
everyone on this board would.
No.
---
TWSS hes speken end the wenner es E. There cen enle be ene.
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar
#7Offworlder1Posted 2/19/2013 10:58:48 AM
A good CE or SE For $100 sure but not the regular game, that's a waste of money.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#8PHOENIXZEROPosted 2/19/2013 11:37:50 AM
A lot of people are going to end up paying that or more due to DLC anyway, but the base game? Hell no and the game would bomb if they even tried to sell it at that price.
---
Search engines are awesome, you can find the answer to the question that's been asked a hundred times before in a manner of seconds, more people should try it.
#9rk_711(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 12:11:22 PM(edited)
PHOENIXZERO posted...
A lot of people are going to end up paying that or more due to DLC anyway, but the base game? Hell no and the game would bomb if they even tried to sell it at that price.

You are probably right, but its a shame. If little ceasers started selling pizzas for the price of a gino's east pizza in Chicago their company would fall flat. You are supposed to pay for the quality.

GTA V has been in production for likely over 4 years. Delta can vouch for this, that the amount of time spent building a game such as this is overwhelming. They sell their game for $60.

Madden and CoD, are games that are in production for less than a year. Those games are buggy and are not innovative. They have been using the same engine for the past 5-6 games released. The money and time spent on those game are much less than games such as Gran Turismo and Grand theft auto. Those games sell for $60.

The quality of these are comparable to the latest Scion iQ (a $16,000 car) and the latest Aston Martin Vanquish (a $250,000 car) being sold for the same price. Its horrible for the industry and it makes creating a car with quality idiotic from a business standpoint.

I fear that this is what is going to happen to the game industry. You can create one hit game, get people addicted, and then just replace the sticker every year for maximum profit. Why create a good game for 10x the cost when you earn more for reselling the same thing with the cost spent into advertising and hyping the consumers for the same game. (see madden 2013 for an example of this.)
---
I shouldaa used a rubba!
#10Offworlder1Posted 2/19/2013 12:18:36 PM
A game should not be more money because of quality if anything the $60 price should be for good games like Skyrim and the EA sports games they put out every year should be $50 or under as they are not high quality games.

Theres no reason the lesser games should not be cheaper price wise if they were just thrown together for a quick buck, at the same time though a game like Skyrim or a good GTA should not be more then $60 for a regular version because it is a high quality game.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"