Would you pay a 100 USD price tag?

#11PHOENIXZEROPosted 2/19/2013 1:28:11 PM(edited)
CoD games have a development cycle of at least 18 months if not close to a full two years because they alternate between two series/developers. GT has a problem being made by a developer that like a lot of Japanese devs, couldn't get their **** together this generation and isn't as big as it use to be but it still sold fine. GTAV will probably end up making more money for T2/Rockstar in the long run than the current CoD and will definitely outsell the current and next iteration (maybe next two or three) of Madden combined. It's almost certainly going to outsell GTAIV which has been a solid seller since release even after four years.

Madden isn't any different from other sports games that get a new release year after year. The only reason it's the most successful is because of the combination of "American Football" being the most popular sport in the US and EA having exclusive rights to the NFL/NFLPA license.

---
Search engines are awesome, you can find the answer to the question that's been asked a hundred times before in a manner of seconds, more people should try it.
#12rk_711(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 1:30:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#13rk_711(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 1:35:16 PM
PHOENIXZERO posted...
CoD games have a development cycle of at least 18 months if not close to a full two years because they alternate between two series/developers. GT has a problem being made by a developer that like a lot of Japanese devs, couldn't get their **** together this generation and isn't as big as it use to be but it still sold fine. GTAV will probably end up making more money for T2/Rockstar in the long run than the current CoD and will definitely outsell the current and next iteration (maybe next two or three) of Madden combined. It's almost certainly going to outsell GTAIV which has been a solid seller since release even after four years.

Madden isn't any different from other sports games that get a new release year after year. The only reason it's the most successful is because of the combination of "American Football" being the most popular sport in the US and EA having exclusive rights to the NFL/NFLPA license.

I find it hard to believe that they spend 18 months on each CoD game. They feel exactly the same as the last edition. If I'm not mistaken MW has used the same engine since the ground breaking CoD4. They can't really spend 18 months only creating maps and adding one or two features into the game.
---
I shouldaa used a rubba!
#14deltamustang_65Posted 2/19/2013 1:36:26 PM
It occurs to me that maybe more people should start doing what I've been doing lately, and that is to wait a bit after release for a price drop if they're not 100% sure the game is a quality one. The theory being, if the game blows (which is becoming more common in the big leagues these days, see FFXIII and Other M), you'll see that price plummet mighty quick.

Then, make your purchasing decision accordingly.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#15professor_choasPosted 2/19/2013 4:23:27 PM
Offworlder1 posted...
A game should not be more money because of quality if anything the $60 price should be for good games like Skyrim and the EA sports games they put out every year should be $50 or under as they are not high quality games.

Theres no reason the lesser games should not be cheaper price wise if they were just thrown together for a quick buck, at the same time though a game like Skyrim or a good GTA should not be more then $60 for a regular version because it is a high quality game.

This is pretty much my opinion on the matter. Make the rehashes and lower quality games $50. Hell, make them $40. I've played Madden 13 and it isn't worth $60. I bought Black Ops 2 and I'm certainly getting my money's worth, but Modern Warfare 3 should not have had a $60 tag.

I wouldn't pay $100 for the base game. Maybe a CE or some kind of DLC pass. But even though the game will more than likely be worth $100 a copy, I would wait until the price dropped to at least $60 before picking it up. Or wait on the PC version.
---
They see me trollin, they hatin
#16thedeparted94Posted 2/20/2013 12:23:00 AM
I'd pay $200 but i want it now..not in 8 monthes
---
<PSN> britz02
#17adz-specPosted 2/20/2013 12:55:03 AM
Askeladd posted...
everyone on this board would.
No.

---
PSN: adz-spec
#18vivalatourPosted 2/20/2013 4:44:07 AM
there are pre-orders from a couple sites I have seen selling GTA5 for $89.99 + shipping and there were several sales ? I thought that was strange for a game that's 7 months away from release ? I would only pay that if I knew there was a very limited quantity !
although I already know this game will be a keeper of mine ! I have a feeling this game will keep it's value a long time ... like the last year chey made the chevelle convertible ?
#19Dr_KainPosted 2/20/2013 8:32:14 AM
Not unless it came with a whore for me to punch when I get frustrated at the racing missions.

Plus a soundtrack, a code to download all of the other GTAs that are on PSN, and a fully colored thick as hell instruction manual.
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#20i am pogo the monkeyPosted 2/20/2013 7:16:45 PM
Nope. I'd do what I do for pretty much every game I buy; I wait until they drop to $20-$35ish. GTA is one of the rare exceptions where I buy it for full price on day 1.
---
Anaheim Ducks
Angels