Will the map be as big as LA Noire's map?

#11BIack_DynamitePosted 3/6/2013 10:21:59 AM
LA Noire is not actually that huge. it is just very congested and has tonnes of roads, way more than GTA but the land mass itself is like GTA IV's islands lined up. But anyway it will probably be about a quarter to half the size of Just Cause 2.

I don't get how the game could cope with that character switching. Say each protagonist is on the complete other side of the map, how could the game load the map so fast? GTA IV had obvious loading when you drove too fast...
#12InfernoSDPosted 3/6/2013 11:09:30 AM
Character switching won't necessarily be an instantaneous thing. Fast travel in general will probably drop you in a loading screen, just like GTA IV.

Although we have seen a few games this gen try to do instant fast travel. Dead Island compartmentalizes its map into separate zones, but within those zones, fast travel occurs absurdly fast. Barely even any texture pop-in. And MC:LA does the thing where, instead of having a proper map, the game zooms out and up to an overhead view of the city, then back down. It still takes a few seconds, and often comes with some texture and model pop-in, but it's an impressive effect.

Whatever the case, GTA is one game where I don't want to fast travel very often. So I hope they do focus their efforts on making the game load fast and smoothly just during regular play.
---
|| ||\ || ||"" ||"" ||"") ||\ || /''''\
|| || \|| ||"" ||, ||""\ || \|| \,,,/
#13vivalatourPosted 3/7/2013 2:26:13 AM
this map will be so big you'll just have to go next door to hire a lawn keeper !
#14B0vrilPosted 3/7/2013 12:57:49 PM
InfernoSD posted...
Character switching won't necessarily be an instantaneous thing. Fast travel in general will probably drop you in a loading screen, just like GTA IV.

Although we have seen a few games this gen try to do instant fast travel. Dead Island compartmentalizes its map into separate zones, but within those zones, fast travel occurs absurdly fast. Barely even any texture pop-in. And MC:LA does the thing where, instead of having a proper map, the game zooms out and up to an overhead view of the city, then back down. It still takes a few seconds, and often comes with some texture and model pop-in, but it's an impressive effect.

Whatever the case, GTA is one game where I don't want to fast travel very often. So I hope they do focus their efforts on making the game load fast and smoothly just during regular play.

The previews stated that the character switching works by zooming out, panning around & down to the character.