Replaying all 3d GTAs in preparation for GTA V

#11nativenginePosted 3/21/2013 9:16:30 AM
MKD88 posted...
The worst 100% for me was GTA4 with the pigeons. I went through a list and marked which ones I killed. However, at the end, I had 2 left in the game and none on the list. I gave up for a month or so, until I finally decided I was going to find them and I did... that was back when I had only school to worry about. Man what a pain it was to find those 2 last pigeons.

F*** those pigeons, I had the same problem.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both the 360 and PS3 GTA5 boards
#12ajbrandPosted 3/21/2013 7:13:59 PM
I've gotten 100% on all 3D GTA's (III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, and TBoGT)

SA was by far the hardest for me merely for the enormity of the project. Soooo many things to complete. Zeros missions sucked! The NRG900 thing with the rings down by the docks behind the train station, the oysters underwater and the BMX skate park thing were a few of the harder things for me. Seriously though, there was almost too much to have to do.
---
PSN: ARC_Rounder
PSN: tonyb803
#13spaz12Posted 3/22/2013 1:12:49 PM
the problem with SA was that a lot of it was just plain badly designed and a lot of it was tedious. i'll always remember the absolute misery of the quarry missions.
---
MuFF haT Inc.
#14adz-specPosted 3/23/2013 12:44:39 AM
And the truck delivery missions.
---
PSN: adz-spec
#15Dr_KainPosted 3/23/2013 10:32:22 AM
ajbrand posted...
I've gotten 100% on all 3D GTA's (III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, and TBoGT)

SA was by far the hardest for me merely for the enormity of the project. Soooo many things to complete. Zeros missions sucked! The NRG900 thing with the rings down by the docks behind the train station, the oysters underwater and the BMX skate park thing were a few of the harder things for me. Seriously though, there was almost too much to have to do.

I couldn't 100% VCS because I could never beat the Jetski to Seaplane mission in the time limit.

As for the oysters in SA, the only ones I don't have at the point in the game I am currently at are the ones that make you go to a 4 star wanted level by that military base in San Fierro.

adz-spec posted...
And the truck delivery missions.

I am enjoying those. In fact, I was mad I could only do 6 of them before the game told me I have to wait until I open Las Venturas before I can do the remaining two.
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#16donhibbardoPosted 3/23/2013 12:31:51 PM
Dr_Kain posted...
E BOMB posted...
Oh and you can 100% any of them without cheats there are some tough spots on San Andreas from what I remember like that skating pool and supply lines

Right now I'm stuck on those stupid Chilian races.

I feel your pain on that. It seemed like the other racers couldn't be moved but any little nudge would send me flying.
#17i am pogo the monkeyPosted 3/23/2013 6:07:53 PM
I'm going to play TBoGT and TLaTD before V comes out. I was thinking about replaying GTA IV, but I've already beaten it twice and it's a pretty long game. The episodes should be good enough.

I just beat RDR a week ago. I'll probably play Undead Nightmare next. I liked RDR a lot, though I liked GTA IV more (goes against popular opinion on gamefaqs). I thought GTA IV was a deeper game with a more developed story, and I guess I like the more modern aspect of GTA more. Plus, I love indiscriminate killing in GTA, and that pretty much goes against what RDR is supposed to be. Still, I really enjoyed RDR.
---
Anaheim Ducks
Angels
#18ajbrandPosted 3/23/2013 8:13:37 PM
i am pogo the monkey posted...
I'm going to play TBoGT and TLaTD before V comes out. I was thinking about replaying GTA IV, but I've already beaten it twice and it's a pretty long game. The episodes should be good enough.

Twice is enough for IV, I only did it twice as well, the second time just for the "New York Minute" trophy.
---
PSN: ARC_Rounder
PSN: tonyb803
#19Dr_KainPosted 3/25/2013 10:02:09 AM
i am pogo the monkey posted...

I've gone through IV about 5 times and I still haven't bothered to 100% it. I think that if I have time this summer, I am going to attempt doing so.

I've 100% both L&D and BoGT (well, gameplay, not the missions), so I figure the next time I play IV I might as well try it. I think I gave up on doing so the last time I replayed the game because I couldn't even beat the first Jacob package mission.

I just beat RDR a week ago. I'll probably play Undead Nightmare next. I liked RDR a lot, though I liked GTA IV more (goes against popular opinion on gamefaqs). I thought GTA IV was a deeper game with a more developed story, and I guess I like the more modern aspect of GTA more. Plus, I love indiscriminate killing in GTA, and that pretty much goes against what RDR is supposed to be. Still, I really enjoyed RDR.

Yeah, I like RDR more than IV, but that is because it was a completely new setting I had never played through before and because of the epic ending to the game. Granted, I also 100% it, which shows how much I enjoyed it. In fact, if it weren't for those stupid online trophies, I would have plat the game as well.
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#20Nazgath91Posted 3/25/2013 1:22:58 PM
I decided to play through just GTA IV, BoGT and TLaD. Because I'm really slow at finishing games. I wanna do an extensive amount of side stuff and such. And if I have time left after that, like I probably will, I will take on SA.
---
The best signature in the world.