RDR Easter Eggs

#11Phazon2000Posted 4/1/2013 3:15:46 AM
Exactly.

There are always slip-ups. Some are unavoidable to an extent (lyrics to songs) but for the most part Liberty City = NYC

Can't believe I just explained that lmao.
---
If I hear music, Im gonna dance.
#12vivalatourPosted 4/1/2013 6:12:09 AM
jazztronaut posted...
i am and dont call me Shirley.

does this post have a hidden meaning for the term " nice beaver " ?
#13Silverfang37(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 9:11:20 AM(edited)
Phazon2000 posted...
Exactly.

There are always slip-ups. Some are unavoidable to an extent (lyrics to songs) but for the most part Liberty City = NYC

I believe that it was the DJ that quoted " I've never been lonely in NYC or east of Mississippi" on the song.

Let's not forget that in their world they do recognize the United States of America as their home country. So who's to say states don't as well? New York is a state = NYC is a city in NY state.... just saying...

On a side note....NYC taxes+NY state+NJ state taxes SUCK BIG TIME.
---
PSN//XB360- CubanGoneWild
PC- i5 2500k 3.30 ghz Quad/ 8 GB RAM/ 580 GTX
#14_white_rabbitPosted 4/1/2013 3:28:16 PM
vivalatour posted...
jack marston is living with trevor in a trailer park ...

But Jack would be something like 114 years old by now?
---
"You wouldn't know the truth if you found it banging your wife; now shut up and release my client. And your wife's not that great." K Rosenburg
#15adz-specPosted 4/2/2013 12:18:42 AM
Yes, he'd be dead wouldn't he...awesome.
---
PSN: adz-spec
#16Phazon2000Posted 4/2/2013 5:04:53 AM
Silverfang37 posted...
Phazon2000 posted...
Exactly.

I believe that it was the DJ that quoted " I've never been lonely in NYC or east of Mississippi" on the song.

Let's not forget that in their world they do recognize the United States of America as their home country. So who's to say states don't as well? New York is a state = NYC is a city in NY state.... just saying...

Lyrics from songs are not considered cannon in the GTA lore. Sure they did an excellent job on The Beat (Many songs with Alderny State featured in them) but that's not to say that if another referes to states of the U.S that this song was specifically put in to confirm the names as existant. Sometimes songs just have conflicting lyrics with the game.
---
If I hear music, Im gonna dance.
#17LiquidCell325Posted 4/2/2013 6:25:47 AM
Isn't it confirmed that the weapons from RDR would be available in GTA V? If I remember correctly, they are supposed to be located out in the desert and in old thrift shops. So would that be an easter egg?
---
PSN - Live_Solid_325
I am the lightning, the rain transformed.
#18Silverfang37(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 12:00:11 PM(edited)
Phazon2000 posted...
Silverfang37 posted...
Phazon2000 posted...
Exactly.

Lyrics from songs are not considered cannon in the GTA lore. Sure they did an excellent job on The Beat (Many songs with Alderny State featured in them) but that's not to say that if another referes to states of the U.S that this song was specifically put in to confirm the names as existant. Sometimes songs just have conflicting lyrics with the game.

I believe there was a mix up; It was the radio DJ commenting on the song after it finished playing. His line was something like " Well, I've never been lonely in NYC or east of Mississippi." Stating that there is a NYC and a Mississippi in that world....

LiquidCell325 posted...
Isn't it confirmed that the weapons from RDR would be available in GTA V? If I remember correctly, they are supposed to be located out in the desert and in old thrift shops. So would that be an easter egg?

Yes, I believe it does qualify as Eggs...but only if there was some sign or inscription that says it belonged to one of RDR characters. Or stated by R* as such...but it might be.
---
PSN//XB360- CubanGoneWild
PC- i5 2500k 3.30 ghz Quad/ 8 GB RAM/ 580 GTX
#19adz-specPosted 4/3/2013 12:48:55 AM
LiquidCell325 posted...

Don't remember hearing about anything like this. Source?
---
PSN: adz-spec
#20LiquidCell325Posted 4/3/2013 4:53:27 AM
adz-spec posted...
LiquidCell325 posted...

Don't remember hearing about anything like this. Source?

I can't remember. :/ But I'm positive I saw it legitimately somewhere.
---
PSN - Live_Solid_325
I am the lightning, the rain transformed.