Grand theft auto 4?

#1EmeraldroxPosted 4/3/2013 7:28:43 AM
Since all the GTA4 boards seem dead, what did people think of this, and is buying all 3 games worth it (4, lost and the damned, ballad of gay tony) if I had LatD and BoGT on PC (my PC seriously can't handle them though, nor could my dads. The new laptop probably could but its for the family business)
Also, do you think the price will go down anymore for either Xbox or PS3? We have both so I'm just looking for the cheapest route because I myself don't really play these games all the way through anymore, though, my dad does.
How do these compare to San Andreas and Vice City? Those are my favorite GTA games to date and I still go back and replay them from time to time.
---
White 2 - 1335-5542-8288 White - 0347-5170-7984
3DS: 4854-6563-5216
#2B0vrilPosted 4/3/2013 7:45:59 AM
GTA4 is my favorite GTA. Whilst it doesn't have nearly as many bits & bobs as San Andreas, it excels at rendering a city that really feels alive. The story is pretty great too.

Some of the gameplay mechanics, specifically the shooting will probably feel pretty clunky & dated by now compared to newer games, but you'd get used to them & they shouldn't really stop you from enjoy the game.
#3deltamustang_65Posted 4/3/2013 8:12:40 AM
It's definitely worth getting all three. Like B0v, it's my favorite GTA, and this is coming from someone who enjoyed and played the **** out of SA in it's day.

You should consider getting this for PS3, simply for the free online play. Plus, the community of regulars is pretty awesome.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#4PHOENIXZEROPosted 4/3/2013 8:47:15 AM
As much as the vehicle physics annoy the **** out of me the GTAIV collection is still worth it.. TBoGT is better than LatD and the main game's story IMO. Worth it, yes price drop will probably come a couple months before GTAV's release but $30 isn't bad for the amount of content provided.
---
Band/Artist I've been listening to way too much: Fallon Bowman/Amphibious Assault.
https://soundcloud.com/fallonbowman
#5blaze9990Posted 4/3/2013 9:02:34 AM
You have two dads and neither of them could handle it?
---
Leader of the PS3 GTA V Board
PSN: flipication
#6jazztronautPosted 4/3/2013 10:48:47 AM
worth the price. The game still holds up today.
---
now playing: Bioshock: Infinite
when not gaming I'm doing this: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/soft-lights-pretty-stars-single/id546828005
#7nativenginePosted 4/3/2013 11:41:04 AM
You would be doing yourself a great injustice by not picking these games up.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both the 360 and PS3 GTAV boards
#8vivalatourPosted 4/4/2013 2:27:01 AM
I bought the "complete" set or tri pack whatever and have problems with the in-game features such as freezing and voices ? has anybody else got this problem ? by the way the game was purchased new ...
#9zombieNarutoPosted 4/4/2013 2:47:12 AM
^ either a problem with the disk or your ps3.

I picked up the 3 game bundle for a very nice $15 (brand new). I play BOGT online now and then :) I may or may not have made some enemies though (they all deserved it, i dont kill in free roam unless im provoked)
---
I r Ninja. I eat brains.
NOO! I DON'T WANNA EAT A GUITAR!!
#10vivalatourPosted 4/4/2013 4:46:26 AM
zombieNaruto posted...
^ either a problem with the disk or your ps3.

I picked up the 3 game bundle for a very nice $15 (brand new). I play BOGT online now and then :) I may or may not have made some enemies though (they all deserved it, i dont kill in free roam unless im provoked)

I would like to join you in playing sometime ? let me know I have not played on-line since RDR and am replaying all my oldies but goodies for now ... let me know ...