Features You Truly Want To See In GTAV Either In Offline Or Online

#31vivalatourPosted 4/17/2013 7:33:31 AM
Dr_Kain posted...
deltamustang_65 posted...
Do you plan on dying a lot?

I don't like to restart missions from scratch if I do. I hated the bank heist mission in IV when you would get to the black car after traveling through the subway only to end up getting killed before making it to a pay n spray.

IYou're missing out, my friend.

No I'm not. I'm not into death matches and stuff like that when it comes to shooting mechanics. The only time I usually enjoy online is when it is playing through the story via Co-Op or things like Assassin's Creed where it is stealth mechanics. I also hate online leveling crap where you have to level up so other players are able to take you out in mere seconds before you even get to do anything after spawning.

yes , I knows the feelings ! I really like RDR until the bullies arrived , I would get picked on and elected out of sessions for no reason other then maybe not wearing a headset ? ...
I am looking forward to getting together with a few from this board hopefully in GTA5 , I have come to admire some of the guys here and don't think they're pricks ! ...
oops , this did not have much of anything to do with the post ? ... take care !
#32deltamustang_65Posted 4/17/2013 9:27:58 AM
Dr_Kain posted...
I don't like to restart missions from scratch if I do. I hated the bank heist mission in IV when you would get to the black car after traveling through the subway only to end up getting killed before making it to a pay n spray.

There are better ways to lose cops than the Pay 'n Spray, but anyway, I've always been ok with restarting missions when I die. Better than many other games these days where there is no real penalty for dying, and thus, no real excitement or seat-of-your-pants feeling. Besides, you can just think of it as you GET to play the mission again, instead of you HAVE to play the mission again. This is your chance to learn from your mistakes and improve, which will be helpful since like BoGT, V will probably grade you on missions.

No I'm not. I'm not into death matches and stuff ... I also hate online leveling crap where you have to level up so other players are able to take you out in mere seconds before you even get to do anything after spawning.

That's fine. I mostly play Free Mode and co-op stuff for fun online. I'll also play races and competitive modes like Mafiya Work with friends to a lesser extent, but even then we don't intentionally try to kill each other.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#33StealumPosted 4/18/2013 5:19:17 AM
I want to see break ins, return, but far better iplemented then SA. I had high hopes for that back in the day, it was boring moreso.
#34Phazon2000Posted 4/19/2013 4:45:52 AM
TheGoldenPrinny posted...
... but it was kinda missing a few KEY features. Planes being one of them.

Where did you plan on flying to?
---
If I hear music, Im gonna dance.
#35TruCryptPosted 4/19/2013 2:23:16 PM
Actual stuff to do like before GTA IV. GTA IV was too realistic, and the atmosphere suffered.
---
Computer stats in my sig: GTX460, E8400, 4GB of ram
#36B0vrilPosted 4/19/2013 3:28:27 PM
TruCrypt posted...
Actual stuff to do like before GTA IV. GTA IV was too realistic, and the atmosphere suffered.

I question whether you know what "atmosphere" means.

Also GTAIV was not that realistic at all. People always over state that.
#37thedeparted94Posted 4/21/2013 12:46:43 AM
TruCrypt posted...

The atmosphere was one of the things IV had going for it and it was cool. I'd ride through algonquin in my stallion listening to Thug - ZZ top..ccasionally there'd be thunder storms with lighting that would rumble the controller. It was awesome for its time.
---
<PSN> britz02
#38CurveDotPosted 4/21/2013 9:24:59 PM(edited)
Way, way more interiors. More interaction with the world, like sitting down in a chair, or something. Vehicle customization. Definitely a better variety of clothing; the shops in IV were a sad joke.

IV serves as a good template. V has the potential to build upon that in fantastic ways. Here's hoping.

Edit: Not to go in the direction of some Sims game or something, but interaction is an important part. You want to immerse yourself in the universe and not make it feel like "just a video game".
#39ducksfan11222Posted 4/22/2013 3:43:12 AM
How about a checkpoint system that doesn't make you drive half way across the map every time you fail a mission. I don't know how that would make the game any easier than it already is, it would just cut out the whole road trip part.
---
awoooga
#40vivalatourPosted 4/22/2013 4:47:42 AM
ducksfan11222 posted...
How about a checkpoint system that doesn't make you drive half way across the map every time you fail a mission. I don't know how that would make the game any easier than it already is, it would just cut out the whole road trip part.

I absolutely agree this point , should be at least 1 check point per mission depending on difficulty or not ! not everyone one is super man and knows what a mission is leading up to as in maybe an element of surprise ? .... I believe although this game will remain fascinating as mostly all R* games are there will be different applications that we will not be aware of , and that's a fact jack !