First time being hyped for a GTA game before it came out.

#1WWERKO2010Posted 4/25/2013 12:17:12 PM
I've played and beat GTA IV and some of San Andreas and LCS, but here's my question: Do they ever release gameplay footage before it comes out? Or is it just trailers and you have to experience the game for yourself when it's released?
---
#HEEL #WETHEPEOPLE
Not changing sig until Curt Hawkins wins a title. Started 2-6-13
#2PHOENIXZEROPosted 4/25/2013 1:24:02 PM(edited)
Trailers and previews from sites/magazines. Rockstar is pretty strict in controlling information that gets out there.
---
Band/Artist I've been listening to way too much: Fallon Bowman/Amphibious Assault.
https://soundcloud.com/fallonbowman
#3vivalatourPosted 4/25/2013 2:51:56 PM
R* has went as far to install anti spyware under toilet seats ...
#4ScoobySnackPosted 4/26/2013 5:28:05 PM
San Andreas was the hype for me and my area. When that game was announced, and the countdown weeks til it's release, it was crazy.

When I went to purchase my copy, the line inside EB Games went damn near to the parking lot. In my opinion, I still think San Andreas is currently the best GTA out right now.
---
This is our ''Trap America...''
The Six-Man Power Trip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdhWheE_xas
#5StealumPosted 4/27/2013 12:02:33 AM
ScoobySnack posted...
San Andreas was the hype for me and my area. When that game was announced, and the countdown weeks til it's release, it was crazy.

When I went to purchase my copy, the line inside EB Games went damn near to the parking lot. In my opinion, I still think San Andreas is currently the best GTA out right now.

Agreed. The line I recall wasnt that long, but it stretched out into the mall. Lucky for me, bc I had to pull a 'hey mister' to have someone pick up my copy, I was only 14. And man that was probably the longest bike ride home and I still do alot of biking to this day. But my motivation to get home swayed right next to my handle bars.
#6ducksfan11222Posted 4/27/2013 5:16:15 AM
I'd love to see actual gameplay but I understand they don't want to spoil too much, and from what I know, putting together a demo can be a waste of time and resources.
---
sup
#7B0vrilPosted 4/27/2013 10:28:35 AM
WWERKO2010 posted...
I've played and beat GTA IV and some of San Andreas and LCS, but here's my question: Do they ever release gameplay footage before it comes out? Or is it just trailers and you have to experience the game for yourself when it's released?

For GTA, Rockstar usually doesn't release actual raw gameplay footage. Though they have done this with their last few games(RDR, LA Noire & MP3), so whether or not they will do it with GTAV is any ones guess.
#8i am pogo the monkeyPosted 4/27/2013 11:34:18 AM
ScoobySnack posted...

That's how it was for me and Vice City. I bought GTA 3 with my PS2 and fell in love with it. When VC was coming out the hype was huge. I was in high school and preordered from EB and my mom actually let me skip school on release day to pick it up. I remember getting inside the mall and seeing the line outside of EB wrapping around the wall of the mall. It was pretty crazy. The people who preordered got to go first so I pretty much skipped to the front of the line and got my copy. It felt pretty good walking out of the store passing scores of people with my copy.
---
Anaheim Ducks
Angels
#9doofy102Posted 4/27/2013 7:37:59 PM
San Andreas was more or less the first GTA game I actually owned. I knew it was pledged to be possibly the best PS2 game ever, but I didn't "feel" that hype for myself til I played it and.. understood.

So GTAIV was my mega-hype period. (And for me, it lived up to the hype, which is lucky for me I guess.)

With GTAV I'm hyped, it's just that I don't know if it should be like HOLY OMG hype or just the more chilled out kind of hype.
---
LittleBigPockets: A study of the video game LittleBigPlanet and the odd things that children create on it. http://littlebigpockets.blogspot.com.au/
#10McGriff67Posted 4/28/2013 2:09:54 PM
With GTAV I'm hyped, it's just that I don't know if it should be like HOLY OMG hype or just the more chilled out kind of hype.

I assure you boss GTA V is that !!!!!!!!!!!Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!! type of hype. This will be one of the greatest games ever made. Rockstar is simply the best at this genre of gaming.
---
I finally get to change my sig! The New York Knicks are no longer laughing stocks! 2012-13 Atlantic Division Champs! 11/20/12