Grove Street in GTA V?

#31adz-specPosted 5/8/2013 12:31:22 AM
I_know_u posted...
Adzy, your little theory has been foiled and folded about how grove street cant come back, in a conversation we had months ago. Well, here they are shooting ballas in the stomach.

Can't dodge those bullets now, can you?

Haha, how about you wait until Grove Street is confirmed to be back before getting all excited about the possibility that I was wrong. As far as I know Grove Street, unlike Ballas, cannot be seen anywhere in the screenshots or trailers (graffiti, etc) and it's certainly not mentioned by speech. All we have so far is the green gang clothing. What I find interesting is that Rockstar has apparently confirmed the return of the Ballas specifically (meaning the Ballas graffiti is not just en easter egg), but didn't mention Grove Street at all. We'll have to wait and see.

Of course if I'm proven wrong then so be it. Rockstar with another curve ball.
---
PSN: adz-spec
#32FreakyFrancPosted 5/8/2013 2:00:51 AM(edited)
Maybe Grove Street will be in the game.

In Franklin trailer just before we see the dog attacking someone,when we see the 3 guys with one of them saying 'you have no respect',you can see they are in a street similar to the grove street dead-end (where CJ home is in San Andreas),is it Grove Street ?
#33Lightning_fanPosted 5/8/2013 3:42:49 AM
StarBladeEdge posted...
fanservice so the san andreas freaks just shut up

Yeah, its kind of like how in a lot of Marvel movies have Stan Lee cameos.
#34Gmoney-Posted 5/8/2013 5:08:43 AM
Umm guys its obvious Grove Street will be the gang.

Everyone in franklins trailer is wearing green. Even Franklin and his dogs collar are in green.

There are 3 shots of people shooting back at them in purple too.

It's not fan service. Trevor killed a bunch of The Lost in the preview. This is a numbered game. Thinking the universe idea they had went out the window with this one. We won't see any Sweet or CJ but the gangs will be there.
---
"Nothing is true.Everything is permitted."
#35Gmoney-Posted 5/8/2013 5:12:46 AM(edited)
Edit:

Reading above..

I'm thinking its more like they are our blood and crips or something. Always.
Lets hope the Vatos are in.
---
"Nothing is true.Everything is permitted."
#36ZodofWarPosted 5/8/2013 7:34:12 AM
I can't seem to find where I read it, but I thought it was said that the previous games were a different "timeline" and not a different "universe." Meaning all the crap that went down in SA was a long time ago, and everyone that was around is no longer even a memory.
---
The square root of rope is string.
#37PHOENIXZEROPosted 5/8/2013 2:31:14 PM
"Different timeline" would also mean "different universe", not "20 years later in the timeline where somehow everyone has forgotten CJ's antics". Rockstar and the Housers have repeatedly said that the current GTA universe is not the same as the one from the last gen, this has been said since well before GTAIV's release. They might have even said it shortly after or before GTA:SA's release that IV would be a new universe.

And again.

There are many references to GTAIII characters and brands (El Burro graffiti in LC for example) in GTAIV, but do any characters (other than Lazlow) actually exist within both 'universes'? Is that where Donald Love went? Did he hop dimensions into the GTAIV universe?! Plot twist!! Are the two universes completely separate? I understand it'd make almost no sense having two Liberty City's but is there any way we'll see characters from GTAIII return? GTAIV has some amazing characters, but some of the characters in the III era are just unforgettable.

Rockstar says:
El Burro is referenced as he was also referenced in GTA 1, so it felt appropriate that he should cross “universes” – the “universes” are the worlds interpreted at different definitions, 2d, 3d and high definition, so we felt brands and radio / back ground characters would exist in both, but 3 dimensional characters would not. This is the logic (as far as it could be considered logical) behind it – so no, we don’t believe any GTA3 characters could exist in the GTA4 universe.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/19861/grand-theft-auto-iii-your-questions-answered-part-one-claude-dar.html
---
Band/Artist I've been listening to way too much: Fallon Bowman/Amphibious Assault.
https://soundcloud.com/fallonbowman
#38ZodofWarPosted 5/8/2013 5:24:37 PM
PHOENIXZERO posted...
"Different timeline" would also mean "different universe", not "20 years later in the timeline where somehow everyone has forgotten CJ's antics". Rockstar and the Housers have repeatedly said that the current GTA universe is not the same as the one from the last gen, this has been said since well before GTAIV's release. They might have even said it shortly after or before GTA:SA's release that IV would be a new universe.

And again.

There are many references to GTAIII characters and brands (El Burro graffiti in LC for example) in GTAIV, but do any characters (other than Lazlow) actually exist within both 'universes'? Is that where Donald Love went? Did he hop dimensions into the GTAIV universe?! Plot twist!! Are the two universes completely separate? I understand it'd make almost no sense having two Liberty City's but is there any way we'll see characters from GTAIII return? GTAIV has some amazing characters, but some of the characters in the III era are just unforgettable.

Rockstar says:
El Burro is referenced as he was also referenced in GTA 1, so it felt appropriate that he should cross “universes” – the “universes” are the worlds interpreted at different definitions, 2d, 3d and high definition, so we felt brands and radio / back ground characters would exist in both, but 3 dimensional characters would not. This is the logic (as far as it could be considered logical) behind it – so no, we don’t believe any GTA3 characters could exist in the GTA4 universe.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/19861/grand-theft-auto-iii-your-questions-answered-part-one-claude-dar.html

timeline is the same as universe? thank you for clearing that up.
---
The square root of rope is string.
#39Gmoney-Posted 5/8/2013 6:03:59 PM
Quote:"Different timeline" would also mean "different universe", not "20 years later in the timeline where somehow everyone has forgotten CJ's antics". Rockstar and the Housers have repeatedly said that the current GTA universe is not the same as the one from the last gen, this has been said since well before GTAIV's release. They might have even said it shortly after or before GTA:SA's release that IV would be a new universe.

And again.

Rockstar says:

@PHOENIXZERO

And there we have it. Basically all but confirms it will be Grove street and the ballas. Brands carrying over but not characters.
---
The fire baby, it'll burn us both. Always....and never.
#40adz-specPosted 5/9/2013 12:51:18 AM
Like I said, it's interesting to me that they confirmed the Ballas but not Grove Street. Why mention one but not the other when specifically discussing the gangland part of the game?
---
PSN: adz-spec