How they'll humanise Trevor

#1doofy102Posted 5/1/2013 5:24:00 AM(edited)
So Trevor is the id running unchecked - an animal, a dog howling at the moon. He lacks any sense of shame or self-consciousness. Where does R* go with character development from here?

In Michael and Franklin's trailers note that we saw a great deal of their friends/families, people whom they've lived with the past many years. Trevor in comparison seems to have nobody, he just sits in his trailer park and terrorizes random people he doesn't care about. The only "characters" with any relevence in his trailer are Michael and Franklin.

Now, I'm betting that Trevor is going to become more emotionally attached on these two than either of them will care to realise. Of course he will - he has nobody else. He will latch onto them not unlike a stray dog. (hence the "dog" imagery of Trevor howling at the moon, comparisons with Chop, etc) In order to make this a "conflict" point in the story, I'm guessing at some point Franklin and Michael will probably want to leave Trevor behind, dump him back in his old life at the trailer park.

Key thing: Trevor, in the trailer, says (jokingly, but still) that he has abandonment issues.

There it is. Trevor is secretly lonely. And you can bet the outcome of this won't be pretty.
---
LittleBigPockets: A study of the video game LittleBigPlanet and the odd things that children create on it. http://littlebigpockets.blogspot.com.au/
#2shadyelfPosted 5/1/2013 8:38:24 AM
He'll be arrested and then there will be a trial and his defense attorney will take about how he was abused and he isn't responsible for how he is blah blah and then Michael and Franklin smash a hole in the courtroom and snatch him away.
---
?
#3OrfeasDPosted 5/2/2013 9:07:56 AM
That guy he bothers in the dessert and asks a massage in the end of the video must be his friend or therapist so I suppose he'll be a social contract for him.
---
I'm a member of PWB,of course I'm an ass.
#4vivalatourPosted 5/2/2013 9:57:57 AM
hey guys , some people who act like that are NOT acting and although I have not metTrevor he seems like a guy who likes the way he live w/o no help , there is no way to cure his thoughts or actions he just thrives for utter turmoil probably worse to feed his madness , if
by chance we will control him it will be in the OH WTF ZONE ! hahaha
#5deltamustang_65Posted 5/2/2013 10:01:09 AM
I don't know how, but I read the title "How they'll humiliate Trevor" at first.

How would that even be accomplished? Obviously, we can't just do something simple, like pants the guy.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#6GunzleaderPosted 5/2/2013 5:58:07 PM
no offence but your looking wayyy to in to this.
---
Persona series ftw. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#7doofy102(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 9:02:29 PM
Gunzleader posted...
no offence but your looking wayyy to in to this.

lol, this is hardly "deep" analysis stuff man.it's basic subtle writing (what most videogames don't do)
---
LittleBigPockets: A study of the video game LittleBigPlanet and the odd things that children create on it. http://littlebigpockets.blogspot.com.au/