GtaV - PS4?!?!

#1Nightrain76Posted 5/8/2013 7:22:38 AM
So GTAV finally comes out September 17th. After the disappointment of GTAIV, I am ready for GTA to deliver and finally reclaim it's title of the greatest video game franchise.

However, I must wonder. Has there been any word if this game will also be available on the PS4? It would suck to get this on the PS3, only for them to include a next gen version months later. Has Rockstar officially addressed the next gen consoles for GTAV?
#2Werebear27Posted 5/8/2013 9:01:12 AM
R* has no plans to release the game on next gen consoles. Just ps3, 360, and probably pc a few months after initial launch. There's talk of a Wii U version but that's just nonsense so relax dude I'm sure the game will be great on current gen consoles.
---
"Judge us not equally, Abraham..."
#3deltamustang_65Posted 5/8/2013 9:02:30 AM
User Name Nightrain76
User ID 6765341
Board User Level 10: Provisional (1)
New account with less than 3 karma. Can post 1 topic, 10 messages per day (3 per hour)
Account Created Wednesday, May 8, 2013 8:19 AM
Last Visit Wednesday, May 8, 2013 8:19 AM
Karma 0
Active Messages Posted 1

*points to the search function*
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#4SJTFLYPosted 5/8/2013 9:11:02 AM
deltamustang_65 posted...
User Name Nightrain76
User ID 6765341
New account with less than 3 karma. Can post 1 topic, 10 messages per day (3 per hour)
Karma 0
Active Messages Posted 1

FYI, new users don't have the ability to search.
---
PSN: SJTFLY
#5j00MamasFacialPosted 5/8/2013 9:19:50 AM
Nightrain76 posted...
So GTAV finally comes out September 17th. After the disappointment of GTAIV, I am ready for GTA to deliver and finally reclaim it's title of the greatest video game franchise.

However, I must wonder. Has there been any word if this game will also be available on the PS4? It would suck to get this on the PS3, only for them to include a next gen version months later. Has Rockstar officially addressed the next gen consoles for GTAV?

The highest rated video game of all time is a massive disappointment? Please go on...
---
PSN ID: j00_Mamas_Facial
#6TheGoldenStatePosted 5/8/2013 10:57:44 AM
The highest rated video game of all time is a massive disappointment? Please go on...

It was a disappointment to me and I 100%'d it. Many people agree. Just look at the user score vs critic score. The arguments have been beat to death no need to carry on.
---
6'4" 267lbs 4.6sec 40yard Vance McDonald for OROY
http://i.imgur.com/nwDZGqa.jpg http://i.imgur.com/eOj0tDF.jpg
#7disneyland5Posted 5/8/2013 2:22:15 PM
I hope it comes out for ps4 also. Because I want to play Battlefield 4 on the ps4 but then I can't play GTA V because it's on ps3. They will probably make it for ps4 later on. It would be stupid for them not to. Besides, it would be a lot better if it was on ps4. They would miss out on a lot of money too.
#8wwinterj25Posted 5/8/2013 5:35:06 PM(edited)
j00MamasFacial posted...
>The highest rated video game of all time is a massive disappointment? Please go on...

Been highest rated doesn't mean it's everyone best game of all time. Personally I found GTA IV to be a step back in many areas. Don't get me wrong I did care about the story and that's a first for a GTA game but the biggest and most important thing that let it down for me was the missions. There is only three leaf clover I can remember that was good the rest were forgettable. They also took a lot of things out but did improve graphics, physics and A.I. Bottom line is it didn't surpass San Andreas and for sure didn't surpass Vice City as been best best GTA game nevermind best game of all time. I believe V will be the step forward the series needs.

Back on topic I doubt we will ever see GTA V on next gen consoles. A port might happen if you're lucky but it would be a waste of time and resources to do anything other than that as the next gen console fanbase will be small in the first few years of next gen consoles life as people are making the jump. I'd imagine R* are making a new engine for next gen as we speak and wouldn't be at all surprised if we see something like Red Dead Redemption 2 as there first next gen game. That won't be for a while yet though.

disneyland5 posted...
They will probably make it for ps4 later on. It would be stupid for them not to. Besides, it would be a lot better if it was on ps4. They would miss out on a lot of money too.

I disagree. It would be even more stupid for R* to spend all that money and resources just to please a very small amount of people. The money they would make back from that wouldn't be worth the time. At best next gen consoles might get a port of current gen console version but it would not be "better". Just look at Bully for the 360 that was/is a port of the PS2/Xbox version. Asking to build the game from the ground up for next gen consoles is simply out of the question.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#9Jon_MarstenPosted 5/8/2013 5:38:43 PM
deltamustang_65 posted...
User Name Nightrain76
User ID 6765341
Karma 0
Active Messages Posted 1

I hate it when people like you do this...

What is it? because he is new he is automatically a troll? Because he is new he is not allowed to post? Because he is new he is an inconvenience?

Everyone has to start somewhere delta.

Oh and before you post my user status. I am new too.
---
Everything in the above post is strictly opinion based.
#10J1MM3LPosted 5/8/2013 6:27:47 PM
disneyland5 posted...
I hope it comes out for ps4 also. Because I want to play Battlefield 4 on the ps4 but then I can't play GTA V because it's on ps3. They will probably make it for ps4 later on. It would be stupid for them not to. Besides, it would be a lot better if it was on ps4. They would miss out on a lot of money too.

Don't sell/get rid of your PS3.

HOLY S***! PROBLEM SOLVED!
---
"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
~ Arthur C. Clarke