why is this board not as active as the 360 board?

#1bahmiPosted 5/8/2013 1:11:29 PM
i was gonna get this for the ps3.. but seems like the bigger community is over on 360? i played gta4 on 360 and mutiplayer was always fun and full of people anyone that played gta4 on ps3 tell me if it was full of people aswell?
#2HoosierGuy88Posted 5/8/2013 1:21:04 PM
I didn't play GTA IV multiplayer very much at all, but the few times I tried it there were plenty of people on.
#3GTA_EdmPosted 5/8/2013 1:24:46 PM
I played GTA IV on both consoles and partook of many multiplayer sessions on both as well. Both had PLENTY of players online at all times of the day. The only difference was that 360 owners were more vocal on the mics. The PS3 players were pretty much mute all the time. However, I did get more hate mail from the PS3 players when I would repeatedly kill them in Free Roam.

But great times were had on both!
#4deltamustang_65Posted 5/8/2013 1:42:23 PM
Well, 360 board seems all about quantity over quality when it comes to topics/posts. PS3 is a bit better, but that's not really saying anything, honestly.

For myself, I'm sticking with PS3 for V. There may be a lot of dbags on here, too, but at least I already know a dozen or so adults here that I actually enjoy playing with. Besides, there's really no reason for me to buy a 360.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#5PokeyBananaPosted 5/8/2013 1:43:47 PM
Whilst the PS3 sold more worldwide, the Xbox sold more in America and as Gamefaqs is mainly populated by Americans Xbox boards tend to be busier.
---
Day 1 DLC - Paying rent on what you already own
#6PHOENIXZEROPosted 5/8/2013 3:07:27 PM
^ That.
---
Band/Artist I've been listening to way too much: Fallon Bowman/Amphibious Assault.
https://soundcloud.com/fallonbowman
#7disneyland5Posted 5/8/2013 3:35:31 PM
I've played both online. And still do. This is my experience. Both have good amounts of players online but Xbox 360 has more. But also more kids, mics, hackers, and that sort of stuff. Basically Xbox has more people but more immature, and ps3 still has a good amount but a little more mature.
#8gtaking5Posted 5/8/2013 4:07:56 PM(edited)
^ That.

And a lot of PS3 people migrate to the Xbox boards because they are more active. If only they stayed on the PS3 boards before launch then the PS3 boards would be active.

Whilst the PS3 sold more worldwide, the Xbox sold more in America and as Gamefaqs is mainly populated by Americans Xbox boards tend to be busier.

GFAQ has an estimated user base(by me, and not counting the people in the polls) of maybe 15,000 or so. Right now is a prime time for people to be online, yet only 4,500 people are browsing the boards. Not just a subsection, but the entire website. So basing any sort of survey on GFAQ population should automatically be null and void, just like over on the PS3 system board.

And past polls have shown that the majority of the website prefers the PS3.

The 360 boards are just more active because they don't have any good games to play
---
I pulled the trigger from the shooting stars, I am a motor in your crashing car
I am the cherub in the Arab spring, I am the bullet in your magazine
#9jazztronautPosted 5/8/2013 5:34:06 PM
I bounce between both boards and often times when I post I don't know which one I'm on.

Doesn't matter to me, since I don't play that much multiplayer anyways
---
what I'm playing: Bioshock Infinite
what I'm composing: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/soft-lights-pretty-stars-single/id546828005
#10ducksfan11222Posted 5/8/2013 5:43:47 PM
Easy answer: more trolls on the 360 board.