character switching

#1witmax33Posted 5/12/2013 11:52:28 PM
Could you switch while moving? If u could, then I'd get Trevor on top of a skyscraper without a parachute, and make him jump off then switch to Michael and watch Trevor fall to his death.
#2Never_ForeverPosted 5/13/2013 12:06:38 AM
Won't it be better if you are Trevor jump off the sky scrapper and switch to Michael and have him rescue Trevor in a mid-air stunt or something ;)
#3witmax33(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 12:12:32 AM
Sort of like with madd Dogg in sa only bigger.
#4CameronJGPosted 5/13/2013 1:11:44 AM
You don't switch bodies. You switch to where Trevor would be. Which is likely many miles away. So no chance kemosabe
---
All bow before King James
#5witmax33(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 4:58:59 AM
Could you trap the character so he doesn't run away
#6Phazon2000Posted 5/13/2013 4:59:55 AM
When you zoom away, the character goes about and does his own thing, I'm positive they won't stay in the same location.
---
I ran out of wire...
#7InfernoSDPosted 5/13/2013 6:22:38 AM
One of the recent previews said that when you're not controlling them, each of the three characters have a set area they'll stick to. But that doesn't mean they'll magnetize to it like magic. Like we discussed in the other topic, it'll probably be possible to encounter the other protags during freeplay simply by finding and driving up to them. R* knows people will try this. So they may even let you interact with them, possibly do the buddy date thing.

Previews have also told us that the map-zoom effect only occurs when the characters are distant. Switching characters should be pretty fast as long as they're close together. However, the game may be stingy about when you're allowed to swap characters. You probably won't be able to when you have a wanted level or when you're on any kind of side-mission or such.

End conclusion: Yeah, you'll probably be able to do something like this. Find Michael, get above him and start falling, then switch to him and watch the body splat. But anything more complicated than that might be too much to hope for.
---
|| ||\ || ||"" ||"" ||"") ||\ || /''''\
|| || \|| ||"" ||, ||""\ || \|| \,,,/