Are you getting the collectors edition?

#1mAdKrAzYsKiLLzPosted 6/15/2013 3:59:35 AM
Thinking about getting the collectors edition an wondering who else is. This will be my last PS3 game I buy so might aswell go out with a bang since GTA is what really got me into gaming. Also the way the details look it says FULL RETAIL COPY OF GTA V an below says COLLECTIBLE STEELBOOK WITH EXCLUSIVE ARTWORK. Does this mean it will come in the retail plastic package and the steelbook would be added? I love the cover art for GTAs so would be cool if we had both options.
---
PSN iDz: Primary: mAdKrAzYsKiLLz // Secondary: eLiTeKrAzYsKiLLz
http://www.youtube.com/user/mAdKrAzYsKiLLz // Founder of TeAm mKs
#2MShogunHPosted 6/15/2013 4:37:45 AM
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/634490-grand-theft-auto-v?search=edition
---
(PSN: MShogunH)
Grand Theft Auto V Countdown: 94 Days
#3mt830plusPosted 6/15/2013 6:05:07 PM
good luck w/ finding one. Gamestop is only retailer to carry the CE and they are sold out. But to answer your question, yes. I have mine reserved.
#4i am pogo the monkeyPosted 6/15/2013 6:29:58 PM
I upgraded my standard edition preorder to the SE on Monday and the guy asked me if I wanted the SE or CE so it definitely wasn't sold out then. I've seen some Aussies here posting how it was hard to come by there though.
---
Anaheim Ducks
Angels
#5eric5674Posted 6/15/2013 7:44:50 PM
Im going with SE personaly i dnt care for a hat money box or ne of tht its dumb special tattos and game perks and sum more dlc sold tha SE 4 me dnt rly care about the art tho
#6mt830plusPosted 6/15/2013 8:17:12 PM
eric5674 posted...
Im going with SE personaly i dnt care for a hat money box or ne of tht its dumb special tattos and game perks and sum more dlc sold tha SE 4 me dnt rly care about the art tho

dude.
would you like to buy some vowels instead?
#7The_Undying_84Posted 6/15/2013 9:30:33 PM
mt830plus posted...
good luck w/ finding one. Gamestop is only retailer to carry the CE and they are sold out. But to answer your question, yes. I have mine reserved.

Somehow I doubt every Gamestop is going to stay sold out for 3 months.

And no, I'll probably get the special edition, but not collectors.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#8PHOENIXZEROPosted 6/15/2013 9:57:58 PM
For $150? Hell no.
---
Band/Artist I've been listening to way too much: Fallon Bowman/Amphibious Assault.
https://soundcloud.com/fallonbowman
#9adz-specPosted 6/16/2013 1:51:59 AM
i am pogo the monkey posted...
I upgraded my standard edition preorder to the SE on Monday and the guy asked me if I wanted the SE or CE so it definitely wasn't sold out then. I've seen some Aussies here posting how it was hard to come by there though.

All sold out in the whole country as far as I know. Only two different retailers had it, and most of the stock was allocated to people who had already pre-ordered the standard game. Once all the pre-orders were offered I was lucky enough to snap one up online before they ran out a few days later. I think the only way to get one now would be to hope someone changes their mind before release and cancels their CE order.
---
PSN: adz-spec
#10GravyButtPosted 6/16/2013 3:43:36 PM
I originally preordered the regular version, then a few weeks ago Gamestop actually called me and told me they were cleaning up their preorder system and I had a few games I put money on a long time ago (like 2011) and I had $30 in credit from those games. Lady asked if she wanted me to transfer that money to the $80 version (which I did want to switch to, just didnt have the time to go down there.) So I was pretty happy with that!