Calling it now, Main Antag will be a cop or government agent.

#11adz-specPosted 6/21/2013 12:55:21 AM
Werebear27 posted...
I read in some interview that dan houser said that one of the protagonists will also be the antagonist. He didn't say which but take it as you will.

You misunderstand his meaning.

Q. How does the new, three-character structure help you get closer to the ambitions you have for the medium?

A. Just at the conceptual level, the idea was three separate stories that you play in one game. The next bit was, letís not have the stories intersect once or twice but have them completely interwoven. It felt like it was going to be a real narrative strength: you get to play the protagonist and the antagonist in the same story.

He doesn't literally mean one of the 3 protagonists will actually be the game's main antagonist, up against the other two.
---
PSN: adz-spec
#12CL60Posted 6/22/2013 9:47:13 AM
One of the guys you play as will turn out to be the antagonist.
#13Epic_McDudePosted 6/22/2013 2:38:24 PM
jacinto34 posted...
thedeparted94 posted...
They'll do a M night shamaladingdong twist where for the whole game, trevor is the unpredictable one but then it turns out Michael rats on them for witness protection and then you got to kill him.

Franklin was dead the whole time!!!

Dude, you didn't mark it for spoilers, maaaaaaaaaan!

Then again, it's shamaladingdong...
---
"Fight for them, then, and die for their sins!" -Dracula, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
#14adz-specPosted 6/23/2013 12:55:21 AM
CL60 posted...

I doubt it.
---
#15XtendtionPosted 6/23/2013 6:38:32 PM
adz-spec posted...
CL60 posted...

I doubt it.

Copied and pasted from www.videogamer.com/xbox360/gta5/news/gta_5_you_play_as_both_the_protagonist_and_the_antagonist_says_rockstar.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GTA 5: 'You play as both the protagonist and the antagonist', says Rockstar
NewsPublish Date 12/11/2012 - 10:16am GMT
Rockstar reveals more details on GTA 5's three-character structure - but which one's the villain?

Players will get to play as both the protagonist and antagonist in Grand Theft Auto 5, Rockstar has revealed, thanks to the game's recently unveiled three-character structure.

Talking to the New York Times about GTA 5's new character-hopping mechanic, Rockstar Games co-founder Dan Houser said, "Just at the conceptual level, the idea was three separate stories that you play in one game.

"The next bit was, let's not have the stories intersect once or twice but have them completely interwoven. It felt like it was going to be a real narrative strength: you get to play the protagonist and the antagonist in the same story."

GTA 5 introduces three new characters into Rockstar's crime universe - Michael, Franklin, and Trevor - which players can hop in and out of at almost any point throughout the game.

But which one will turn out to be the antagonist? Could all three turn out to be villains?

A deluge of new info on GTA 5 hit the news stands last week, following Game Informer's reveal.

As well as revealing the characters, it was also suggested that GTA 5's Los Santos was bigger than the worlds of GTA 4, GTA: San Andreas and Red Dead Redemption "combined".

Head here to find out everything revealed in Game Informer's preview.

Source: New York Times
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#16vivalatourPosted 6/23/2013 10:34:29 PM
whoever if ever likes the other side of the fence where they can make their own rules where they come hand in hand with the point of no return ... and then one day michael met trevor and he knew it was much more than a hunch that they needed to get a franklin and that's the way they became the brasco bunch ..
#17adz-specPosted 6/24/2013 12:22:54 AM
Xtendtion posted...
adz-spec posted...
CL60 posted...

I doubt it.

Copied and pasted from www.videogamer.com/xbox360/gta5/news/gta_5_you_play_as_both_the_protagonist_and_the_antagonist_says_rockstar.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rockstar reveals more details on GTA 5's three-character structure - but which one's the villain?

Players will get to play as both the protagonist and antagonist in Grand Theft Auto 5, Rockstar has revealed, thanks to the game's recently unveiled three-character structure.

Talking to the New York Times about GTA 5's new character-hopping mechanic, Rockstar Games co-founder Dan Houser said, "Just at the conceptual level, the idea was three separate stories that you play in one game.

"The next bit was, let's not have the stories intersect once or twice but have them completely interwoven. It felt like it was going to be a real narrative strength: you get to play the protagonist and the antagonist in the same story."

I already posted that quote above and you seem to be another person who takes it literally. All GTA protagonists are criminals at the end of the day, anti-heroes. In GTA V, one might be a little more of a "bad guy" than others. Trevor would be the obvious choice, maybe too obvious. But I cannot see one of them turning out to be the actual villain, going against the other two. That's just stupid to me.
---
#18TrainalfPosted 7/1/2013 11:54:36 AM
I personally think it means each protagnoist's individual exploits will affect the other two. Micheal might cause the FIB to focus on Trevor and Franklin, Franklin might cause gang heat to come down on Trevor and Micheal, and so on and so forth. But at this point, no one is sure.
---
PSN-Trainalf
Life sucks, deal with it.
#19prince--87Posted 7/1/2013 2:13:02 PM
Xtendtion posted...
adz-spec posted...
CL60 posted...

I doubt it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GTA 5 introduces three new characters into Rockstar's crime universe - Michael, Franklin, and Trevor - which players can hop in and out of at almost any point throughout the game.

But which one will turn out to be the antagonist? Could all three turn out to be villains?

A deluge of new info on GTA 5 hit the news stands last week, following Game Informer's reveal.

As well as revealing the characters, it was also suggested that GTA 5's Los Santos was bigger than the worlds of GTA 4, GTA: San Andreas and Red Dead Redemption "combined".

Head here to find out everything revealed in Game Informer's preview.

Source: New York Times
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yeah i posted about that when it was first released, i took it as one of them might betray the other two, but like adz-spec said we really cant expect that would happen, since all 3 are anti heroes, and by the end of the game we would be far to attached to all 3 no matter what happens. my guess now is two of them will want to settle down, while one of them will never change.
#20caboose84Posted 7/1/2013 2:25:26 PM
Trainalf posted...
I personally think it means each protagnoist's individual exploits will affect the other two. Micheal might cause the FIB to focus on Trevor and Franklin, Franklin might cause gang heat to come down on Trevor and Micheal, and so on and so forth. But at this point, no one is sure.

This. I don't know why the hell everyone's assuming that article means one of them is gonna be a traitor and screw over the others, etc. That just seems ridiculous.
---
GT:UrNeighborJimmy
Karma Keepers