So, the map...

#1Gabriel_DerochePosted 6/25/2013 12:54:54 AM
Is it going to be only Los Santos, or also San Fierro and/or Las Venturas?

Los Santos does look pretty small to be the only city...
---
Core i5-3570K @4.2GHz|Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600 MHz|Crucial M4 128GB SSD|Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB|Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD|Corsair 500R Black ATX |Antec HCG 620W Pro
#2MShogunHPosted 6/25/2013 1:42:52 AM
http://www.gtav.net/
---
(PSN: MShogunH)
Grand Theft Auto V Countdown: 84 Days
#3zombieNarutoPosted 6/25/2013 6:39:25 AM
It's los santos only. It sure as hell isn't going to be small though lol. From what I've read, the city itself will be around the size liberty city was (or at the very least somewhat the same size). Then you have the outskirts and the giant lake and mount chilliad and surrounding forests and county towns all across the map. Biggest and probably the most ambitious map R* have created.
---
I r Ninja. I eat brains.
NOO! I DON'T WANNA EAT A GUITAR!!
#4Dr_KainPosted 6/25/2013 8:33:01 AM
Have you not played LA Noire TC? If so, that game is huge and only covers HALF of LA. It takes about 15 minutes to go from one end of the map to another and that is with speeding through traffic.
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#5B0vrilPosted 6/25/2013 2:10:05 PM(edited)
Dr_Kain posted...
Have you not played LA Noire TC? If so, that game is huge and only covers HALF of LA. It takes about 15 minutes to go from one end of the map to another and that is with speeding through traffic.

I don't think that's a very good comparison. LA Noire was an 8 square miles recreation of LA.

Los Santos will not be that big. In fact I'd be surprised if it was half the size.

The entire GTA V map will of course be significantly bigger.
#6agentkb2001Posted 6/25/2013 5:17:43 PM
los santos and alot of deset/wooded/mountain countryside with alot of small towns and villages according to Houser in a report...
---
R.I.P. Richard Pryor,The greatest.
President of the Red Ghost Motorcycle Club (GTA)
#7gtaking5Posted 6/25/2013 7:52:18 PM
To put it into better perspective, 3.5 times the size of Red Dead Redemption for landmass, 5 times the size if you include the ocean floor and underwater sections.
---
Amy don't you go, I want you around
Singin' woah please don't go. Do you wanna be a friend of mine?
#8Dr_KainPosted 6/26/2013 9:24:11 AM
B0vril posted...
Dr_Kain posted...

I don't think that's a very good comparison. LA Noire was an 8 square miles recreation of LA.

Los Santos will not be that big. In fact I'd be surprised if it was half the size.

The entire GTA V map will of course be significantly bigger.

What do you mean? Rockstar has said they are doing a exact representation of LA like they did with Liberty City and NYC.
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#9InfernoSDPosted 6/26/2013 10:47:03 AM
Liberty City isn't an exact copy of NYC. It copies districts and landmarks, tries to stay generally true, especially to Manhattan, but it's a fraction of the size. Los Santos will be the same, going by screenshots and what Rockstar has said.

I don't think the size is something to worry too much about. The city alone is still going to be bigger than what most GTA clones offer.
---
|| ||\ || ||"" ||"" ||"") ||\ || /''''\
|| || \|| ||"" ||, ||""\ || \|| \,,,/
#10PHOENIXZEROPosted 6/26/2013 2:25:18 PM
There's going to be towns scattered in the rural areas, hopefully there's at least one large one.
---
Band/Artist I've been listening to way too much: Fallon Bowman/Amphibious Assault.
https://soundcloud.com/fallonbowman