I hope you can do drugs in this game

#1just_blind_21Posted 6/28/2013 8:15:17 AM
I think this would be AWESOME :]

I can imagine all the crazy different visual effects R* could play around with if Trevor tripped out on lsd. And different drugs could have different effects on performance/driving/behavior (like the drunk driving in 4)

alcohol - blurry vision/wacky controls
weed - weapon focus/slower response time
lsd - Crazy visual effects/ chaos mode
promethezine - slow mo/ more health
cocaine - hyper fast mode/ weapon focus loss
bath salts - beast mode/superhuman strength/ eat faces...

jk on that last one xD

*DISCLAIMER* I dont endorse drug use :)

Also this would make scuba diving all the more fun :D

thoughts?
#2just_blind_21(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 8:18:34 AM
I would also like to have the option to deal these drugs and become an infamous druglord...
#3gtaking5Posted 6/28/2013 10:51:00 AM(edited)
Trevor is a Meth head, so if anything, that's the only drug we'll be able to use, along with possibly selling it, since he does run the drug and gun business out in Blaine County.

Also Michael, Franklin and Trevor all have special abilities. Michael has Bullet Time, Franklin has Bullet Time, only for cars instead of guns and Trevor can go into a violent, superhuman rampage mode where he does double damage against enemies and takes half damage. He also gains a special melee move.
---
Hey, little kid, did you wake up late one day and you're not so young
but you're still dumb and you're numb to your old glory, but now it's gone
#4mentallyfunny00Posted 6/28/2013 3:36:25 PM
As I've said many times before, topics like this scream "I'm a 10 year old that hasn't ever seen or done any drugs so I want to in a video game!!1!11!!!!11!!" I don't quite under stand it but whatever. Just wait 5-10 year and you'll have your chance to try them.
---
They've done studies you know, it works fifty percent of the time every time,
#5zombieNarutoPosted 6/29/2013 2:21:45 AM
I don't see the point of having drugs other than being a novelty effect?

Alcohol is really the only drug GTA needs, since there are clubs and pubs. Leave your cocaine and pot for saints row.

I will admit having Trevor dealing in meth to make sense. He's on bad terms with biker gangs and he might own an RV for the drug making itself. But I highly doubt he himself is an addict. To adrenalin highs maybe, but not drugs.
---
I r Ninja. I eat brains.
NOO! I DON'T WANNA EAT A GUITAR!!
#6just_blind_21(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 10:08:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7just_blind_21(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 10:15:10 AM
Overall Point: Drugs would not be of any sensible or fun use in GTA 5 if they did not come with an attached ability, challenge, advantage, or some type of fun effect for the player. And drug dealing should be a must for this game, I mean c'mon now, its GTA.
#8mentallyfunny00Posted 6/29/2013 12:06:42 PM
just_blind_21 posted...
Overall Point: Drugs would not be of any sensible or fun use in GTA 5 if they did not come with an attached ability, challenge, advantage, or some type of fun effect for the player. And drug dealing should be a must for this game, I mean c'mon now, its GTA.

The characters already have a special ability and any challenge would probably just end up being a stupid gimmick. Also I don't see how a blurry screen is a fun effect. Now drug dealing does have potential especially since owning businesses is coming back.
---
It works 50% of the time every time.
#9just_blind_21(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 12:19:06 PM
mentallyfunny00 posted...
just_blind_21 posted...

The characters already have a special ability and any challenge would probably just end up being a stupid gimmick. Also I don't see how a blurry screen is a fun effect. Now drug dealing does have potential especially since owning businesses is coming back.

It is a gimmick, an extra feature if you will.

Have you ever played gta 3? that is where the "promethezine" idea sparked from. That was fun. (going into slow mo)

Just like how the characters have their own special abilities, why not add EXTRAS in drug forms just like that slo mo pill?

On a side note, exactly how I find this fun, some people find scuba diving fun in a game...yawn. Now throw some drug effects while swimming and things can get interesting ;)
#10MilesTeg420Posted 6/29/2013 9:05:29 PM
In Chinatown Wars dealing drugs was a huge part of the game.