Will this game be better than The Last of Us?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Will this game be better than The Last of Us?
2 years ago#1
Will this game be better than The Last of Us? - Results (157 votes)
Yes
78.98% (124 votes)
No
21.02% (33 votes)
This poll is now closed.
vote nao

which is more likely to win GOTY for example?

many games of different genres but only 1 game wins GOTY

---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
2 years ago#2
No.
---
(R3D)joe_mgs
DukeTogoG13MR posted... "Go Rambo and go on a knife killing spree like you just bumped 7 lines of Bolivias finest"
I think for me it's going to be hard to compare the two because they are completely different games. I'll spend far, far more time with GTA V than I will with TLOU, but that's just because there is so much to do in an open world game like GTA.

I just don't know how you can realistically say one is better than the other. TLOU is an amazing game, and I think GTA V will be too. That's about as much as I can compare them. Two awesome games.
---
Anaheim Ducks
Angels
2 years ago#4
You can't compare them.
Completely different genres, themes, tones.
One is a linear survival game.
Another is an open world shooter
2 years ago#5
James_Upton posted...
You can't compare them.
Completely different genres, themes, tones.
One is a linear survival game.
Another is an open world shooter

yes you can compare them

which is more likely to win GOTY for example?

many games of different genres but only 1 game wins GOTY
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
2 years ago#6
That's not comparing two games in terms of their respective qualities and how much people enjoyed them.
---
PSN: adz-spec
2 years ago#7
It's not even out yet who know GTA V could be bad like how we got duped with GTA IV.
---
<TBA>
2 years ago#8
Game-Xpert posted...
It's not even out yet who know GTA V could be bad like how we got duped with GTA IV.

As soon as I saw GTA IV was Liberty City I knew it wasn't gonna be as fun to be honest
---
brb overthinking
2 years ago#9
TLoU is a great story that lasts about 12 hours with very generic gameplay that is only there to push the story forward.

GTAV has the biggest detailed game world ever filled with direct real time character switching between three leads. It has pretty much ever vehicle, sport, hobby, media and job known to man in it. And if we look at GTAIV, it will probably also have a great story to wrap it all up. Everything gameplay related will probably be better and more diverse than TLoU. Everything story related will probably be longer and with more player controlled input than TLoU.

If we look at how much work goes into one game compared to the other, GTA with its endlessly huge cast of VAs and script and having to create a completely living alternate universe of our own daily world, wins. Hell even graphically it seems to be on par with TLoU, even though there is a million more things going on in GTA at any given time.

If we look at the pure bang for your buck worth, GTA V wins as well with its huge selection of side missions, free roaming and huge story line.

TLoU is a great game, but GTA V will pretty much dwarf everything released this year by a mile. Having a good story is nice and all, but Naughty Dog wasn't exactly pushing boundaries. I think most consoles are just at the brink of blowing up when they have to run GTA V.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
2 years ago#10
TLOU was perfect. As much as anything can be,

GTA4 was only decent. I think this next one will be better but a 10? Probably a 9.
---
When the apocalypse comes I'm going to be a bicycle courier. It's an honest living with a steady wage. We can't all be mutant hunters, after all
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Will this game be better than The Last of Us?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived