a good in-car view, and a view on motorcycles where you can see the handlebars and gauges and stuff.
This. I hate the first person view Rockstar uses for GTA games with the camera mounted on the hood of the car. For a game that relies so heavily on vehicles I can't believe they haven't created a proper first person view with the dash, steering wheel, gauges, etc. I'd love to see the same for planes/heli's/boats as well.
Along those same lines I've also wished for vehicles with manual transmissions since GTA3. I think that and a new FP view would make driving much more enjoyable and challenging.
I hope that the various side activities provide a boost, either immediate (like the prostitutes restoring health) or after you've reached a plateau. (Like new vehicles or weapons spawning near your safehouse/on delivery.)
I hope also that we get better context for why we might continue doing activities. Such as with tennis-eventually having Michael making a bet with an opponent, or entering a tournament, instead of it just being a perpetual five minute game of tennis against some guy. Sure, start it out with that, but have it mean more once you've done it a few times.
I have no worries about the main storyline. I just hope the extra activities are highly polished as well. Sometimes I just want to screw around and I don't want to feel like the game is "holding out" on me to try and get me to progress the story.
If you're 100% tired of seeing people using their sigs to profess their love of a particular deity, put this in yours.
When I played 4 I didn't get a solid connection with the side activities and people you encounter.
When I played RDR I felt like I WAS JOHN. The people and there story's really made me feel for the game. It was one of the best experiences I had in a video game. I want that feeling with GTA V. The connection I felt in RDR.
So on my wish list, I want to meet people that have a solid story with an attention grabber.
Some of the features I'd like to see may be less realistic compared to ones I see that are more plausible,
1) Domestic animals such as cats, dogs
2) Ability to move around the inside of the vehicle and interact in it whether passenger or driver
4) Sewers that you can explore
5) The ability to enter every building
6) Destruction, even if it's temporary (such as buildings burning, crumbling, parts blown off, etc...)
7) Gore (limbs blown off, guts blown out, chunks of flesh blown out, realistic damage to limbs, so if legs get shot up they crawl around or limp, etc...)
8) The ability to customized properties, buying furniture, setting style, etc...
9) Cryptoids/mysteries, rare occurrences that spawn randomly on the map or happen 1 in 1,000 times in a specific area, such as Bigfoot in the forest, UFO in the sky, Ghost in an abandoned house, Sea Creature in the ocean, El Chupacabra in the desert
10) Difficulty options with more realistic restrictions such as the need to eat/drink, go to the bathroom and sleep
11) Small interactable objects in buildings such as stores, aka a shelf filled with appropriate objects you can throw around or knock over
12) No invisible borders except the world barriers
13) The ability to climb/parkour with certain characters