Got to thinking earlier today...

#1Hellraiser555Posted 7/25/2013 1:30:25 PM
Why would R* label a car as an electric car? Does that mean that the cars, boats, planes, etc. have consumable fuel?
---
Give them nothing, but take from them; everything!
PSN: Hellraiser555
#2The Amazing ViperPosted 7/25/2013 1:42:24 PM
I was hearing rumors along those lines. But as more info got officially released the less likely it seemed. It's probably r* poking fun at the hybrid craze going on now.
---
The Rodney Dangerfield of the POW... Formerly the GSB
The Amazing Viper is your new board savior - MantleNotMouse
#3PHOENIXZEROPosted 7/25/2013 11:05:56 PM
GTA IV had electric cars, did GTA IV have fuel?
---
Band/Artist I've been listening to way too much: Fallon Bowman/Amphibious Assault.
https://soundcloud.com/fallonbowman
#4ThatTSguy13Posted 7/25/2013 11:23:29 PM
GTAIV had electric cars and gas stations, but none of the vehicles needed to recharge fuel or energy of any kind, so it's likely like Viper said and it's just Rockstar poking fun or making more references to real-world vehicles.
#5EedrahPosted 7/26/2013 12:06:58 AM(edited)
Actually, it would be pretty cool if you could drive hybrids, because if you could switch from fuel to electric while driving, you could do a stealth drive-by, they'd never hear it coming....
#6Hellraiser555(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 1:47:47 AM
PHOENIXZERO posted...

I see. Sorry, didn't really pay much attention to the vehicles in IV. Tbh, I wouldn't have noticed this either if not for them listing it for the Collector's Edition.
---
Give them nothing, but take from them; everything!
PSN: Hellraiser555
#7hellslavePosted 7/26/2013 5:21:06 AM

But in IV, they were never exclusivley focused on in any way, unlike what's happeing here. In this case, R* isn't saying, "preorder and get an excusive car." They're saying instead, "preorder and get an exclusive electric car." It doesn't make sense to me to put focus on that particular aspect of the car if it doesn't actually serve any importance aside from asthetics. So to you TC, I say great question!
---
In a world built on hope and faith, I am the realistic idea; the dream come crashing down.
#8James_UptonPosted 7/26/2013 8:11:19 AM
hellslave posted...

But in IV, they were never exclusivley focused on in any way, unlike what's happeing here. In this case, R* isn't saying, "preorder and get an excusive car." They're saying instead, "preorder and get an exclusive electric car." It doesn't make sense to me to put focus on that particular aspect of the car if it doesn't actually serve any importance aside from asthetics. So to you TC, I say great question!

It makes perfect sense. If rock star said "get an exclusive car" what do you picture? Something awesome probably and instead you find out its a stupid electric car that is slow and unnapealling. They are putting expectations in check. As its $70 extra from the special so I know I'd sure as hell would be pissed about that if they worded it like that.
#9PHOENIXZEROPosted 7/26/2013 2:07:34 PM
The car isn't pre-order related, it's Collectors Edition related and it's default car for that safe house you get for when you're online, it may or may not have some special customizations done to it. The Khameleon will be available to everyone in single player.

Having to fuel vehicles is just simply an unneeded distraction that Rockstar has been against implementing in the past because it wasn't fun as said in an interview before GTA:SA's release. I doubt they're going to go back on that now, we would have heard something legitimate at this point and there likely would have been an indicator shown in the game play video.
---
Band/Artist I've been listening to way too much: Fallon Bowman/Amphibious Assault.
https://soundcloud.com/fallonbowman