Anyone think this game is going to break PS3s?

#31shanjoPosted 9/4/2013 9:54:50 PM
Well Last of us didn't break my PS3...but it DID ruin my optical audio port near the end. I've decided not to use my ps3 extensively again until this comes out.
---
PSN: eh-jhey
i5 3750k @ 4.5 ghz | MSI HD 7950 OC | 8gb | Asus p8Z77-V | Antec 900 | 250gb SSD | 1.5 TB HDD
#32SageLibraXVIPosted 9/5/2013 6:14:41 AM
my old ps3 crapped out, it turns off like a few minutes after turning on so now I have the super slim ps3, i recommend you guys get it.
---
Hermeses is back!
#33Ebak_the_catPosted 9/5/2013 9:02:16 AM
The only PS3 that broke was my original 80 GB fat model and it was Arkham Asylum that laid that to rest. Although by that time it was already a good 3 years old, I got the YLD.

Since then my 120GB Slim has held up well and continues to do so. I can't see GTA V breaking mine. I mean my PS3 handles The Last of Us just fine.
---
Difference in opinion is not an attack, merely an opening to discuss different perspectives and views.
Play a game then judge, don't judge before you play.
#34Suppaman234(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 9:50:29 AM
Yeah I have a Slim too and seeing the scope of GTA V makes me a bit worried. I only usually play 2 hours only on each occasion since I have a low attention span and get bored quick. Thanks for the feedback!
#35beardface21Posted 9/5/2013 10:29:37 AM
SageLibraXVI posted...
my old ps3 crapped out, it turns off like a few minutes after turning on so now I have the super slim ps3, i recommend you guys get it.

I heard the build quality is not up to par of the first two generations, but then again why would someone be doing something too physical with a game console?
---
Ghost Recon FS: Where you can be invisible and a noob at the same time! PSN:usfstu18
#36BanthaFodderPosted 9/5/2013 11:33:55 AM
BeefEaster posted...
Mike1494 posted...
Gunzleader posted...
no game breaks ps3s not mw2 not TlOu. not RDR.
people playing for hours on end break ps3s.

Not necessarily. I've had my PS3 since 2007, I played it for six years, got LA Noire last summer. My PS3 shuts itself down sometime within the first five minutes every time I try to load the game up. Now, over a year later, I still have the same PS3 that plays every other game I've bought before and since perfectly and still won't play Noire.

how exactly is that "breaking" your console?

get a different copy of the game

so you admit a game can affect the console
---
GTA 5 pre ordered
#37ADR LaveyPosted 9/5/2013 11:45:06 AM
The Last of Us broke my fat 80 gig PS3. The only game I own that caused the fan to spin that fast when I played it. I even only played it for short periods of time hearing about how taxing the game was on the older systems.

I'm now buying a new PS3 just to play GTAV.
#38MGRIIPosted 9/5/2013 12:09:51 PM
Crysis 2 killed my old phat PS3. Bought a used slim PS3...Crysis 2 killed it.

Bought the Uncharted 3 bundle. That console survived The Last of Us. I pray it handles GTAV.
---
Roll Tide
#39disneyland5Posted 9/5/2013 9:47:50 PM
I just cleaned out my PS3 today. I used a vacuum to suck out the dust in all the vents. Now it runs super quiet and doesn't heat up as much. I highly recommend doing this. Just do it safely.
#40ilikefordsPosted 9/5/2013 10:42:43 PM
Lockon posted...
My PS3 Slim has been through Battlefield 3 and lived to tell the tale.

(Anyone who played BF3 since launch knows how much it froze PS3's)

This. As well as for Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

As for a game disc breaking a console, it is impossible.
---
PSN ID:I_Like_Fords / GT: Genckler
[R3D on BF3] --- I am a Motorcyclist :: Current Bike = 2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R