What's the purpose of joining a crew?

#1thrillhouse76Posted 9/9/2013 4:54:22 AM
Could someone give me this information without being a jerk?
#2GonzoGuyPosted 9/9/2013 5:11:06 AM
thrillhouse76 posted...
Could someone give me this information without being a jerk?

Probably not but I'll try.
I believe you get more XP by playing in a crew. There's probably other little benefits too.
#3vivalatourPosted 9/9/2013 5:22:54 AM
I am doing it to gain experience from guys that have played online and last , but not least " good company " .... kind of like a posse in RDR would be my guess ? ... I NEED FUN & EXPERIENCE ! ...
#4ShELbY_GT500Posted 9/9/2013 6:14:52 AM
I also believe there will be jobs or heists that will more than likely require a few guys to pull said heist off. Also most GameFAQers will tell you their only intentions is to rip their own team mates off. GTAO looks promising but I think its all gonna be a waste of effort on R* part because it'll more than likely be filled with 95% of trolls.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0gotQ06I8I
#5thrillhouse76(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 6:53:49 AM
Interesting. So how large are these crews? I am still not clear on how it differs from just playing with friends.
#6LizardRoninPosted 9/9/2013 7:00:54 AM
Crew are kind of like guilds on any other MMOs. Mainly a good way to find certain people to play with like interests and what not without the need of adding them to your friend list. Though not truly required but it really helps bring players together for a game when they're in a crew.

Am sure there are other perks just like being in guilds like unlocking certain stuff or getting extra XP and such but can't really confirm much since am not in one (since crews in Max Payne 3 can be transfer).
---
"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
#7GarudinPosted 9/9/2013 7:45:48 AM
LizardRonin posted...
Crew are kind of like guilds on any other MMOs. Mainly a good way to find certain people to play with like interests and what not without the need of adding them to your friend list. Though not truly required but it really helps bring players together for a game when they're in a crew.

Am sure there are other perks just like being in guilds like unlocking certain stuff or getting extra XP and such but can't really confirm much since am not in one (since crews in Max Payne 3 can be transfer).

From everything I've seen this really seems to be the case

Let's remember GTA Online isn't an MMO there won't be thousands of people online each time you go online it will still be limited to 16 people

That being the case there doesn't seem to be anything you can't do without a crew, joining a crew like joining a guild in some MMOs is simply to place yourself in a group of people you know and can rely on to help you out when you need it and in this case who you know won't stab you in the back for a higher cut.

Because I'm sure while playing with real friends and one of them turning on you could spark a few laughs there was nothing more annoying to me then trying to play co-op in Splinter Cell Blacklist Briggs missions which are ghost/stealth only and constantly failing because while I was fine my partner kept getting caught. So if you're anything like me in this case joining a crew can help to largely avoid this.
---
Crowd: Free Tibet, Free Tibet
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea GT: Garudin
#8GonzoGuyPosted 9/9/2013 7:54:27 AM
thrillhouse76 posted...
Interesting. So how large are these crews? I am still not clear on how it differs from just playing with friends.

With that, I think it's just that the game will automatically add you to a server full of crew-mates if that's available or add crew mates to your game as they jump into multiplayer, if it's just a psn buddy, I think you have to join or invite them.

The crews do have different types: there are Thrill Seeker crews that mostly want to run around and do weird crazy stuff. There are Chatterbox crews for people who just want to hang out smoke a bong or go to the movies. There are also Allstar crews for the more ambitious gamers who want to level up and get lots of money quickly. There are a few other types but you get the idea. So you join the type of crew that seems to want to do the stuff you'll want to be doing.