Training Chop?

#1MegamanXfan21xxPosted 9/17/2013 9:07:30 PM
How exactly do I train Chop or get his happiness meter up? It seems like all I can do is take him for walks and play fetch, which does nothing. Also, if it matters, I'm still fairly early in the game (no Trevor).
---
Number of fellow Poets of the Fall fans: 17
Waiting for: Watch_Dogs, Arkham Origins, Just Cause 3, NA release of Yakuza 5/1&2 HD
#2PhoroPosted 9/17/2013 9:14:58 PM
MegamanXfan21xx posted...
How exactly do I train Chop or get his happiness meter up? It seems like all I can do is take him for walks and play fetch, which does nothing. Also, if it matters, I'm still fairly early in the game (no Trevor).

I haven't tried it myself, but the game keeps pestering me about the real life iFruit app for my phone that's supposed to enable me to teach Chop new tricks and stuff.
---
What she asked of me, at the end of the day...
Caligula would have blushed.
#3MegamanXfan21xx(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 9:38:37 PM
I don't have a smartphone. My social circle's not nearly big or active enough to warrant owning even a regular old cell phone. So I guess Chop is nothing but a big tease for people who don't have smartphones.
---
Waiting for: Watch_Dogs, Arkham Origins, Just Cause 3, NA release of Yakuza 5/1&2 HD
#4CanOpener74Posted 9/17/2013 9:39:59 PM
I have the app, it never, ever connects to the server right or something, though. Tried it all day, hadn't got through once. I guess there's a lot of poorly trained Chops out there?
#5QuittoPosted 9/17/2013 9:41:11 PM
they dont even have the app yet for Androids so only the Apple people can do any of that stuff at the moment
---
XBL: Don Quitto / PSN: DonQuitto / NNID: Quitto
#6MegamanXfan21xx(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 9:53:00 AM
So, bottom line is, you literally cannot train Chop if you don't a smartphone IRL?
---
#7Mech_BattalionPosted 9/18/2013 9:57:53 AM
For the time being you must have a smart phone, ipad, ipod touch.

In the near future it will be available on every android device (phone or tablet) and also on the Vita.