The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Why can i not have X to accelerate,and square to brake?

#1deptholigestPosted 9/17/2013 10:45:19 PM
My only gripe with this game is I cannot modify my driving controls to X to accelerate and Square to brake. Iv grown up playing GTA games like this and I find the driving more easier this way. I know they've added more things but would of liked to be able to customize. Feels like the driving mecanics have been copied and pasted from Sleeping Dogs..I prefer GTA4 driving mechanics. Apart from that the games great...Loving it so far.
#2KisaiPosted 9/17/2013 10:47:10 PM
Would have.
---
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?
#3Pal 080Posted 9/17/2013 10:48:23 PM
Its because those buttons aren't press-sensitive, so you would always be slamming maximum gas or break and it just wouldn't work the way they intend.
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#4mrnickloPosted 9/17/2013 10:49:35 PM
X & [] ARE press sensitive. Only a handful of games utilize the pressure sensitivity.
---
PSN: mrnicklo
#5Pal 080Posted 9/17/2013 10:51:45 PM(edited)
Are they...? I thought they just had a press, and a hard press, like only 2 different options, not true pressure sensitivity.

If they are infact pressure sensitive they should add in the ability to use them!
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#6The_SpennyPosted 9/17/2013 10:51:07 PM
mrnicklo posted...
X & [] ARE press sensitive. Only a handful of games utilize the pressure sensitivity.

This
---
The Mad Gamer - 2003 - 2012 - may the legend continue to live in our hearts forever.
#7Golden MavenPosted 9/17/2013 10:52:12 PM
The_Spenny posted...
This

Ah yes, the word "this". Brilliant.
#8rhoadsofrockPosted 9/17/2013 10:52:18 PM
deptholigest posted...
My only gripe with this game is I cannot modify my driving controls to X to accelerate and Square to brake. Iv grown up playing GTA games like this and I find the driving more easier this way. I know they've added more things but would of liked to be able to customize. Feels like the driving mecanics have been copied and pasted from Sleeping Dogs..I prefer GTA4 driving mechanics. Apart from that the games great...Loving it so far.

This has been my only problem as well since I started playing the game. I'm "slowly" getting the hang of R2 and L2, but yeah, even in GTA 4 you could change it to the "classic" setup, whereas in the older games it was default.
#9KadurryKadurryPosted 9/17/2013 11:58:52 PM(edited)
Those buttons are used to manipulate your smartphone while driving.
---
English is my third language, sorry for my possible mistakes
#10RainIsMyDrugPosted 9/18/2013 12:03:40 AM
because that was soo 5 year ago?