Is there a way to get free car mods for all characters?

#1uber_beingPosted 9/22/2013 1:57:23 AM
So i just bought the los santos custom property as franklin and its allows me to get free upgrades on my car which is awesome but I drove in there as Michael and they charged me which sucks there doesnt seem to be another one to buy as him is there a way that i can get free upgrades across all characters?
---
GT: AngryTARCIS PSN: Tarcis
#2tactikz4Posted 9/22/2013 1:58:01 AM
Nope, you must buy with each character.
---
PSN/Battlelog: tactikz4
Rockstar
#3tactikz4Posted 9/22/2013 2:14:10 PM
Plus why can't i find it on the map? I'm trying to buy it with Franklin but can't find it on the map
---
PSN/Battlelog: tactikz4
Rockstar
#4jeremysixPosted 9/22/2013 2:47:16 PM
According to the official guide, only Franklin can purchase LSC and only his car mods are free afterwards.

The Los Santos Customs property is located south of Sandy Shores, south of and close to the air strip.
---
PSN: kingdutch
"Are you gonna do somethin' or just stand there and bleed?"
#5magicBart10Posted 9/22/2013 2:51:24 PM
Can you access each others garage? If so, pimp the car with Frank, then park it in garage, then use Mike or Trev to get the car.
#6LockeadonPosted 9/22/2013 3:02:37 PM
theoretically you should be able to pimp out a car as franklin then bring one of the others over to where he is and give him the car that way, maybe you'll have to switch between them frequently to keep frank from wandering off to do other things
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#7cmdrdreddPosted 9/22/2013 4:36:31 PM
You can duplicate cars.

Upgrade one, then drive it. Switch to another character and go to where they are and you'll be able to hang out with them. Get into the custom car and go hang out. When you return them you'll have two of that exact car (upgrades and all). Get into one and switch to the other character and get into the other. Have both of them drive to their garage and leave it. Quick save.

Here's how I did it.

Got adder upgraded and custom paint as Franklin. Get in and drive to a location I know well. Switch to Michael and drive to where Franklin is. Franklin wants to hang out so I drive Franklin's adder as Michael. I return Franklin after hanging out. Have Michael take one adder and Franklin gets the other. Drive to garage as Franklin and leave the car. Drive to garage as Michael and leave the car. Quick save. Now both Michael and Franklin have an upgraded adder.

So what does this mean? Later on, upgrade the cars for free with Franklin and then use this trick to give the other characters an upgraded car.
---
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf