IMO this game really highlights how terribly designed the ps3 controller is

#1Rapscallion84Posted 9/22/2013 6:21:03 AM
The game is great though it can be frustrating at times. Most of this is down to the design of the ps3 controller, which I've never liked. The analog sticks do not have enough resistance to them, the triggers are absolutely terrible for driving.

Doing consecutive missions that involve any amount of driving has my fingers really badly aching after a while. The rounded sticks and triggers mean your fingers slide off, or its an effort to use them. I tried getting the trigger clips but they break so easily. Also, when driving there is nowhere to rest your other fingers on the controller.

I admit that this gen I was mostly 360 gaming simply because I couldn't stand this controller. Hopefully the PS4 (my console of choice next gen) vastly improves these aspects.
#2EedrahPosted 9/22/2013 6:22:32 AM
Go trade in for a 360 then, we don't care...
#3DBecks7ManUPosted 9/22/2013 6:24:58 AM
So millions of people using ps3 controllers without a problem and you can't get the hang of it so it must be the controller's fault? Just learn to drive better and you don't have to blame a piece of plastic for being a sucky driver.
#4patcooper114Posted 9/22/2013 6:25:14 AM
i have no problems with the controls. and i love the ps3 controller. maybe you suck and thats why u dont like the controlls. do you complain about every game you play on the ps3?
---
psn= patcooper
#5LeonPliskenPosted 9/22/2013 6:27:07 AM
http://www.cronusdevice.com/

Buy one of these.
---
I enjoyed Hellgate, Deadly Premonition, Phantasy Star Universe, and many other "bad games."
#6MotiJrPosted 9/22/2013 6:29:40 AM(edited)
Lol at the second post oozing fanboy. I agree. I still do not like the dualshock 3 and find it to be uncomfortable. The triggers and the size of the controller are the problem. Triggers feel like they will break if I push them in and controller is bit too small. I cannot hold it comfortably at all.

Trying to get used to it. Aiming is an issue too because the sticks are different to 360 or Wii U.

Wow the fanboy posts seem to be flooding in. Seriously, relax. People are allowed to make a legitimate complaint without you jumping down their throats. Don't be so petty.

---
I'm incredibly blunt so if the truth offends you, get in your bubble and blow away. No time to be fake and sugar coat things. You get offended, you deserved it
#7kennyynnooPosted 9/22/2013 6:30:25 AM
If you have large hands the ps3 controller does suck, especially if you've used a dreamcast, 360 controller. I resorted to buying a xbox like controlling for ps3.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#8Kyuubi4269Posted 9/22/2013 6:34:14 AM
Dualshock3 is brilliant for driving, apparently your joints are arthritic and you don't know how to manipulate an analog stick effectively.

Try rolling the sticks under your thumbs so that they stay parallel with the controller instead of angling them and your thumbs stay on point with absolute control superior to 360s dead zones. With the triggers curl your fingers around the edge of them and gently squeeze, don't pull, the inward curl isn't ideal but you won't slip as long as you're gentle, you'll notice that the triggers are much more sensitive than the 360 too so you have even better control over speed.
---
If your shop is getting shot by an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get an arrow in the knee.
PSN: Lord_of_Cinders
#9Blaze675Posted 9/22/2013 6:34:38 AM
DBecks7ManU posted...
So millions of people using ps3 controllers without a problem and you can't get the hang of it so it must be the controller's fault? Just learn to drive better and you don't have to blame a piece of plastic for being a sucky driver.

Being able to use a controller effectively has no bearing on weather it is poorly designed or not. I do almost all my gaming exclusively on my ps3 and only still own my xbox because of all my rockband dlc. That being said the design of the dualshock 3 controller just flat out sucks. There in not enough resistance in the l2/r2 triggers nor the analogue sticks. The back triggers being rounded is also pretty stupid, and the entire thing just feels cheaply made. Don't be a fanboy.
---
The dark prince of Altea
#10Rapscallion84(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 6:51:39 AM
Kyuubi4269 posted...
Dualshock3 is brilliant for driving, apparently your joints are arthritic and you don't know how to manipulate an analog stick effectively.

Try rolling the sticks under your thumbs so that they stay parallel with the controller instead of angling them and your thumbs stay on point with absolute control superior to 360s dead zones. With the triggers curl your fingers around the edge of them and gently squeeze, don't pull, the inward curl isn't ideal but you won't slip as long as you're gentle, you'll notice that the triggers are much more sensitive than the 360 too so you have even better control over speed.

You know, if you has just left out that first line then yours would have been a positive and constructive post. Now it's a constructive post with unwarranted hostility and baseless assumptions.

Yes, I have large hands and find it difficult to grip the controller comfortably. I also had an injury to my arm when I was younger so my left wrist gives great pain when my thumb is positioned exactly over the left stick. If my thumbs were parallel when positioned on the sticks it would be far more comfortable I think - for most people, not just me.