How to take care of chop

#1Tyrant-88Posted 9/22/2013 10:34:05 PM
For the longest time I struggled to keep chop fed and happy. I never had enough credits and would buy food/water as soon as I could afford the cheapest one. Most of the time I had to choose between giving my dog food or water when he needed both. If you look at the percentage return for food/water and the cost... Comparing all the items, the most expensive have the best and most efficient ratio.

I let chop starve for a while... Poor dog... Kept taking him on walks looking for coins and let my credits regenerate slowly until I could afford both the best food and water together. Once I fed those both to chop he hasn't gone hungry or thirsty. The credits will regenerate fast enough to sustain chop so long as you buy the best food/water and not spend credits on the frivolous stuff.

For the collars, to save credits, if you get gold on all three walks you'll unlock the gold collar for free. Upgraded without spending credits.

For the training, it is best to hold off on all training until chop is sustained by food/water and you've saved up enough credits to have a nice reserve
#2MadigariPosted 9/22/2013 10:35:23 PM
Out of curiosity, has there been any in-game benefit to that iFruit app yet? I'm on the Android, so I haven't been able to play around with it.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
If you can't get what you want, then you come with me.
#3Craig--aPosted 9/22/2013 10:54:10 PM
Are you having any probelms with the app? I downloaded it and it just crashes and resets my progress all the time so I gave up on it.

I taught him the first trick for the 3rd time but when I went back in the game its back to where I started. Not that it matters too much since I have used the dog on 2 occasions so far.

The lifeinvander part of the app is quite funny though, I think you can just do this online?
#4wokiboy67Posted 9/22/2013 10:59:32 PM
Never wanted a dog so i let him stay. Didn't even know i had to feed him, he's still alive though..
---
Never forgive,never forget.
#5BillysanPosted 9/22/2013 11:01:26 PM
It's just a cheap ass app designed to waste your time in the most pointless manner. I got the diamond collar and tricks and they don't even show up or work in GTAV half the time. A total waste.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#6screwmtvPosted 9/23/2013 1:58:29 PM
Billysan posted...
It's just a cheap ass app designed to waste your time in the most pointless manner. I got the diamond collar and tricks and they don't even show up or work in GTAV half the time. A total waste.

The new tricks and collar I earned didn't show up until after I closed the (PS3) game and restarted it. Worked fine since then.
---
Nothing ever burns down by itself. Every fire needs a little bit of help.
#7neurotoxinsPosted 9/25/2013 9:17:21 AM
How do you feed him? Where do you buy the food?
---
PSN:JonDiskonected