So, what's the best way to break into the army base?

#1x0nighthawk0xPosted 9/23/2013 9:29:34 AM
I was honestly disappointed to see this not happening as a story mission like in GTA:SA, but when you want that jet without cheating, you have to force yourself into the base and try to steal it.

So far the furthest I got was with Trevor, full armor, shotgun and anger can get you into the jet after you break in with his car fully modded out. Though usually by the time I'm in the jet, there's so many cars around it's near impossible not to crash into one.

So guys, any suggestions on how you did it successfully? I'm planning to skydive into it with my next attempt, jump out just before you fly over the base and try to land near the jet...though I fear I'm going to get shot down with ease by the army.
---
Considering the two marks of censor bypassing, I am now replacing banned words with mew
#2x0nighthawk0x(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 9:49:00 AM
Bump D:
---
Considering the two marks of censor bypassing, I am now replacing banned words with mew
#3GastroidPosted 9/23/2013 9:52:00 AM
Get a bulky vehicle that can withstand a few hits, know where you need to go to inside the base, and then plow through anything you can in a direct beeline, with the only consideration being to avoid any tanks you can see or hear. Alternatively, you could plow in through the front gate and get into a dark corner where you can stealth mode through the base.
---
Gearoid
Gear-variant Android
#4x0nighthawk0x(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 9:55:47 AM
Gastroid posted...
Get a bulky vehicle that can withstand a few hits, know where you need to go to inside the base, and then plow through anything you can in a direct beeline, with the only consideration being to avoid any tanks you can see or hear. Alternatively, you could plow in through the front gate and get into a dark corner where you can stealth mode through the base.

Does stealth actually work? Usually, as with previous games, you get an instant 4 stars when you invade the army base.
---
#5JeffKumaPosted 9/23/2013 10:11:16 AM
x0nighthawk0x posted...
I was honestly disappointed to see this not happening as a story mission like in GTA:SA, but when you want that jet without cheating, you have to force yourself into the base and try to steal it.

So far the furthest I got was with Trevor, full armor, shotgun and anger can get you into the jet after you break in with his car fully modded out. Though usually by the time I'm in the jet, there's so many cars around it's near impossible not to crash into one.

So guys, any suggestions on how you did it successfully? I'm planning to skydive into it with my next attempt, jump out just before you fly over the base and try to land near the jet...though I fear I'm going to get shot down with ease by the army.

Took me two tries, but I used the parachute from the blimp and flew right into the hangar next to the plane. The fighter jet seems to only need about 50 feet to take off. The hardest part is avoiding the helicopters that keep appearing. But I now have a jet at my airfield in Sandy Shores.
---
meh.
#6masterosportsPosted 9/23/2013 10:15:27 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_vZfNeZhcBw

This is the easiest and least risky way I've found. Not as fast as some other strategies though.
---
PSN: SickPuppies-O_o
Self Proclaimed The Crew #1 Fan
#7friendo87Posted 9/23/2013 10:16:16 AM
Couldn't you dive in as Trevor and activate his special before you hit the ground so you don't take any damage and then run into the plane?
#8x0nighthawk0x(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 10:23:24 AM
masterosports posted...
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_vZfNeZhcBw

This is the easiest and least risky way I've found. Not as fast as some other strategies though.

....yeah that looks like it's pretty damn easy, I'll have to try that route.
---
#9OzzyMcRckyPosted 9/23/2013 11:41:46 AM
I used the Adder! Absolutely flew in and was by the jet before they knew what hit them! By the time they had actually started to attack properly along with the attack helicopters I was in the air and away!
---
360 tag:OzzyMcRcky
Ps3:OzzyMcRcky
#10OzzyMcRckyPosted 9/23/2013 11:43:17 AM
Oh and it was fully upgraded in all aspects. Fully armoured too with bullet proof wheels!
---
360 tag:OzzyMcRcky
Ps3:OzzyMcRcky