GTA online

#1md212Posted 9/24/2013 8:23:19 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster:). I just had to make a post about this topic because I dont think I have ever been as excited for a game than I am for GTA online. Yea the story mode and free roam was great and all but imagine doing everything we did, just with friends. I remember reading that there will be over 500 online missions which I think is NUTS. GTA 4 still had people playing in free mode for 5 years and there was nothing to do and now we get all sorts of heists and even the 'creator mode.' I really think this has potential to be one of the greatest online games ever. What kind of online missions do you think they have in store for us? I think bank robberies for sure and what would be really cool is if they brought back the turf wars from San Andreas only this time you battle other players for your turf. Sucks that its only 16 players though.
#2OhGoodPosted 9/24/2013 8:25:03 PM
Take a breath and relax.
---
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
#3DreadgruntPosted 9/24/2013 8:31:26 PM
Note that they said it'll have 500 missions when it launches, and that they're going to be adding more and more after.
#4Pal 080Posted 9/24/2013 8:35:30 PM(edited)
Wait... so there are like story style missions online? That is epic, I didn't even realize they'd have scenarios like that setup, thought it would mostly just be generic robberies and such... which would still have been fun!

I know my plan is to create some truly hateful offroad races with sharp turns after long straight-aways right next to tall cliffs and the like, muhahaha. As well as plenty of areas where the track crosses over other portions of the track, for extra carnage and solid choke points :)
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#5md212(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 8:45:06 PM
OhGood posted...
Take a breath and relax.

What a contribution
#6Silik25Posted 9/24/2013 8:46:36 PM
I hope there's a character that hires groups of players to make videos of you vandalizing the city and messing with people so he can post them on Lifeinvader. Objectives could include smashing up specific cars with baseball bats, beating golfers with golf clubs, driving the wrong way on the freeway, etc. You would also have to do this as a group and stay within a certain radius in order to achieve the objectives. Maybe have solo versions of this too. It'd be awesome if other players could watch this on the in game internet too.
---
http://lbp.me/u/Reef1978
#7md212(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 8:51:57 PM
Dreadgrunt posted...
Note that they said it'll have 500 missions when it launches, and that they're going to be adding more and more after.

Wow that makes it that much more exciting
#8md212(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 8:54:27 PM
Pal 080 posted...
Wait... so there are like story style missions online? That is epic, I didn't even realize they'd have scenarios like that setup, thought it would mostly just be generic robberies and such... which would still have been fun!

I know my plan is to create some truly hateful offroad races with sharp turns after long straight-aways right next to tall cliffs and the like, muhahaha. As well as plenty of areas where the track crosses over other portions of the track, for extra carnage and solid choke points :)

Haha I like your ideas. Man, building a race track on Mount Chiliad is going to be insane!
#9md212(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 9:06:14 PM
Silik25 posted...
I hope there's a character that hires groups of players to make videos of you vandalizing the city and messing with people so he can post them on Lifeinvader. Objectives could include smashing up specific cars with baseball bats, beating golfers with golf clubs, driving the wrong way on the freeway, etc. You would also have to do this as a group and stay within a certain radius in order to achieve the objectives. Maybe have solo versions of this too. It'd be awesome if other players could watch this on the in game internet too.

Yea that sounds awesome and who knows maybe they would be able to considering what I heard about the in-game news. If your being chased by the police and other players are in their apartment at that time, they can flip on the news and watch the chase from the helicopters view. Just cant wait, I've been going on a GTA online binge for the past few days and I just found this site: [url=http://gtavmultiplayer.com]gtaVmultiplayer.com[/url] I think thats an awesome place to find others with the same goals in mind for GTA online. The place does seem kind of dead at the moment but considering GTA online isnt even out yet and they already have 300 members, I think it'll be awesome when the the multiplayer finally gets here.