question about stock market and lesters missions

#1upstatenyhcPosted 9/26/2013 4:38:18 AM
i read on another forum that you could make 1.5 billion if you did things in a certain order. i'm not sure but i think i may have gone too far already. he says you can only do lesters first assassination then have to finish the main story before you can start go back and make big money on the stocks..

my question is, if i have done the first heist which is the jewelry heist, did i go to far? the only assassination i have done for lester is the one where the guy picks up his phone and the phone blows up. He mentions doing a hotel assassination then not doing any more assassinations till the story is over. i just met trevor if that helps. just hoping i didnt go to far. thanks for the help
#2AxzorPosted 9/26/2013 4:41:52 AM
*possible spoilers*

I'm not keen on the stock market, but I believe the mission you described is the first Lester mission in the game. I'm not sure if that is considered his first assassination mission, but I do know Franklin gets 3 or 4 assassination missions after that first Lester mission with Michael is done.
#3upstatenyhc(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 4:51:42 AM
i guess to simplify what i said, i know i cant do the stock market thing this guy talks about if ive already done a hotel assassination. the only assassination ive done is planting a bomb in the phone of the ceo of the facebook type company. sorry cant remember the actual name right now of the company. maybe lifeinvader.com? so was that the hotel assassination? i didnt think it was
#4ZBug_Posted 9/26/2013 4:58:03 AM
upstatenyhc posted...
i guess to simplify what i said, i know i cant do the stock market thing this guy talks about if ive already done a hotel assassination. the only assassination ive done is planting a bomb in the phone of the ceo of the facebook type company. sorry cant remember the actual name right now of the company. maybe lifeinvader.com? so was that the hotel assassination? i didnt think it was

No, the hotel assassination is a mission you do as Franklin, where you have to go to a hotel to snipe someone
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067
#5AxzorPosted 9/26/2013 4:58:05 AM
No, the Lifeinvader one is the first Lester mission by Michael, the Hotel one is done by Franklin.
#6c0sa n0straPosted 9/26/2013 4:59:51 AM
No it wasn't, the first mission where you can abuse the stock market is after the first heist, you can only do them as Franklin, so keep a look out for a green L, I think Lester will call you or text you.
#7trunks76140Posted 9/26/2013 5:00:39 AM
You're fine. The one he's talking about is done with Franklin, and I believe mandatory for the story to progress. So basically, unless you're forced to, stay away from the "L" on the map with Franklin.

As a side note... I can certainly understand the confusion as it's so close in nature. However, I believe most people say the missions are done with Franklin when talking about the ones that really effect the Stock Market to help alleviate that.
---
PC: You don't want to know... >_> <_<
3DS FC: 2363-5768-5754
#8RebellianPosted 9/26/2013 5:07:14 AM
The missions are done only as Franklin btw. The first one Lester gives you as Franklin Is a regular mission, where you kill the guy at the hotel, that you can also take advantage of with the stocks. I dont think you'll have that much money at that point, cant remember If this Is before or after the first heist, so you can just do It and make however much money you can. The first actual assassination side mission has to do with the company Redwood and you'll be running around the city killing 4 guys while on a timer.

For a bit of a heads up, I did do that first one without knowing I should save them for later. I got the most money you can get from the last heist ($40 million), did the assassinations and Invested accordingly, helped out the Tinkle business, and Michael STILL had enough dough to buy the golf course and the 3 cinemas with an extra $130 million to burn while Franklin and Trevor have about $280 million.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvhuszfLpT1qauec3o1_250.gif
#9trunks76140Posted 9/26/2013 5:18:36 AM(edited)
Rebellian posted...
I dont think you'll have that much money at that point, cant remember If this Is before or after the first heist

Fairly sure it's after...

I mean one of the big things going on fairly early is Franklin "proving" himself to Lester. I don't think Lester would give a job like that to just anyone.

Could be totally wrong of course, but I think I'm right.

Also, make sure to check both markets. I know a couple are on the Bawsaq, which messed me up slightly.
---
PC: You don't want to know... >_> <_<
3DS FC: 2363-5768-5754
#10upstatenyhc(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 5:44:47 AM
thanks alot guys! i def appreciate it. its def confusing at first. i'm 31 and not the sharp gamer i used to be lol