How to make $1.5 BILLION playing the stocks.

#381CaIiber345Posted 2/16/2014 12:53:40 AMmessage detail(edited)
I got Deb just fine.

I cannot get Redwood to move at all. It just sits around .01 to .18.

EDIT #1: Found a few posts about this here, and I'm going to give those options a shot.

EDIT #2: Huh. Kept sleeping and checking after I woke up each time. Got it on a Saturday. Sweet!

For the record, I started on a Tuesday and nothing moved after 48 hours. I kept with it and Saturday worked.
---
I'd like to play DayZ on consoles.
People who agree: 14
#382CaIiber345Posted 2/16/2014 2:51:54 AMmessage detail
Aside from the Redwood, no other issues.

My final totals using just the OP (and not Tinkle or anything else tertiary, and after a few property purchases post-story but before Assassinations):

Michael: $1,185,221,701
Franklin: $1,135,469,144
Trevor: $1,084,725,504

Thanks!
---
I'd like to play DayZ on consoles.
People who agree: 14
#383William223Posted 2/16/2014 3:33:14 AMmessage detail
Posting to confirm that this still works after the latest Valentine's Day Massacre patch. Made over $1.25 Billion with each of the characters.
---
3DS FC: 2062-9276-0034, IGN is William.
#384Prism WeaponPosted 2/21/2014 3:03:06 PMmessage detail
Thanks for this method, I'm rich!
#385chaosinuyashaPosted 2/25/2014 12:20:53 PMmessage detail
Another question: Does it hurt Trevor's shot at a billion if he doesn't partake in the hotel assassination step? I ask because I bought the airfield and at the time the assassination mission came around he had less than 100 bucks.... Also since it's technically a money q: Do security vans respawn or is it one take per one? And on the note of LSC does the free mods only apply for Franklin or can the other 2 benefit as well?
---
PSN: ChaosInuYasha (if you add me make sure you give me fair warning as to where you met me and why you wanna add me)
#386MegamanXfan21xxPosted 2/25/2014 1:46:56 PMmessage detail
chaosinuyasha posted...
Another question: Does it hurt Trevor's shot at a billion if he doesn't partake in the hotel assassination step? I ask because I bought the airfield and at the time the assassination mission came around he had less than 100 bucks.... Also since it's technically a money q: Do security vans respawn or is it one take per one? And on the note of LSC does the free mods only apply for Franklin or can the other 2 benefit as well?

The hotel assassination doesn't matter much since it's story-required. The optional ones is where the big money's at.

Security vans do respawn.

The free LSC mods can only be gotten if Franklin drives in. The other characters could drive their vehicles to him, Franklin takes and mods it, then swaps out and gives it back to them.
---
Number of fellow Poets of the Fall fans: 18
Waiting for: Watch_Dogs, Sleeping Dogs: Triad Wars, Just Cause 3, NA release of Yakuza 5/1&2 HD
#387chaosinuyashaPosted 2/25/2014 3:33:08 PMmessage detail
MegamanXfan21xx posted...
chaosinuyasha posted...

The hotel assassination doesn't matter much since it's story-required. The optional ones is where the big money's at.

Security vans do respawn.

The free LSC mods can only be gotten if Franklin drives in. The other characters could drive their vehicles to him, Franklin takes and mods it, then swaps out and gives it back to them.

That sounds like a pain.... Still thanks for the info on security vans. I'll have to pass that info onto my dad as he keeps losing money just by switching to Trevo and has no clue why.
---
PSN: ChaosInuYasha (if you add me make sure you give me fair warning as to where you met me and why you wanna add me)
#388shiroikumaPosted 3/4/2014 2:36:35 PMmessage detail
Am i screwed ? I forgot to sell vapid stock.. only did it with the black dude before playing other games. Now returning to gta and i realize vapid as gone down 98.5 % so all of trevors and Michael s money is gone. The blaxk dude only has 52 millions. I guess that wont be enough to buy all the properties/business. Which ones should i buy and that provide more sde related quests. Any other ways to get my money back ?
#389ziraki33Posted 3/4/2014 4:52:24 PMmessage detail
Made 1.9 billion on each character off from way back with everyone's pisswasser antics.

It'd be a lot more now but I had redeemed all that cash in October, and I don't think I have that save around with all the stocks invested still
#390desedentPosted 3/17/2014 2:22:32 PMmessage detail
sticky requested. i must say that in your condensed version you forgot to say invest in redwood before or after the second mission, confused me a bit from the long version. imho this isnt traditional investment, its taking advantage of the missions, which is great really, but i for one am hunting real investment advice for LCN AND BAWSAC.

i am working HAF slowly but because i have bad vision amd read slow by the time i would find a stock at low price, it would have gone up, so i have to take what i can get where i can get it. someone on an answer said none of the company stock manipulation works by killing and such. id love info on that for single player. thanks for your efforts, best wishes:).
---
PSN: Minitaur999 Dark Arisen: Arisen: Chatsia moniker: Anne. LVL: 88 Assassin Background in STR/MGAR
Pawn: Justin Moniker: Lion. LVL: 88 SOR.