Landing the plane = Crashing the plane

#1stephansidePosted 9/28/2013 12:38:07 PM
I don't care how many people find the landing of the plane in this game "easy" - it's easy for you perhaps, but for others it's not, and obviously there is a problem if many many people have been describing problems with it.

I can't get the hang of it because of the stupidity of the controls. Up is DOWN, and down is UP. WTF KIND OF SENSE DOES THAT MAKE.

I have tried landing this plane 14 times. I'm going to continue trying until it's landed. Let's see how long it takes me, and you can tell me it's "not hard".

I'm not a stupid gamer - I understand the difference between challenge and fked-up controls. This is fked up. Completely.
#2DiegoWolfwoodPosted 9/28/2013 12:39:40 PM
That's how planes work, you know. Pull down to gain altitude, push forward to descend.

Have you been under a rock your whole life?
---
Thugs-4-Less. If it ain't broke, we'll break it.
"Marking topics is for virgins." - FPrefect
#3bigcdiscochrisPosted 9/28/2013 12:40:03 PM
It's easy just practice more,if u think landing a plane on the ground is difficult,wait lol wait.
---
I'm searching for campfires...
#4gtaking5Posted 9/28/2013 12:40:20 PM
Have you tried the landing gear?

And no. The controls aren't f***ed up. They are fine. You just suck at flying planes. Admit it and move on.
---
Nobody tells me what I want!
#5qwertyMrJINXPosted 9/28/2013 12:40:51 PM
stephanside posted...
I can't get the hang of it because of the stupidity of the controls. Up is DOWN, and down is UP. WTF KIND OF SENSE DOES THAT MAKE.

That's how planes control in literally every game ever made. In real life, too.
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#6yakuza281Posted 9/28/2013 12:41:11 PM
There's no inverted flight controls? Also like the other poster said that's how planes work, pulling back on the flight stick makes you go up and vice versa.
#7ash274Posted 9/28/2013 12:41:44 PM
Don't ever play a flight sim, then. Sorry to don't have it down, yet, but see if that's an adjustable setting in the control setup. I know you can change the look-around control to reverse-of-normal
---
-Ash (PSN: ash-274)
Atari 2600, 2x NES (Powerpad & Zapper), SNES, N64, 2x GB (6volt), GBC, GBA, PS2, PS3 (160GB), Wii, iPhone4, iPad1
#8stephanside(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 12:46:43 PM
This makes absolutely no sense. Also, the game says ZERO about landing gear, so I have no clue what you're on about there. If there's some special button I have to press on top of decelerating, focusing in on the "airstrip", and using the shoulder buttons to turn so i dont end up ONE MILLIMETER off-kilter and "destroy" my plane, then lay it on me. The game doesn't offer any prompts about fking landing gear.

I'm on 17 tries now. Continuing to crash, repeatedly, and getting ready to take my controller apart with a jewelers kit and then smashing each individual piece with a hammer like a maniac.
#9yakuza281Posted 9/28/2013 12:48:24 PM
stephanside posted...
This makes absolutely no sense. Also, the game says ZERO about landing gear, so I have no clue what you're on about there. If there's some special button I have to press on top of decelerating, focusing in on the "airstrip", and using the shoulder buttons to turn so i dont end up ONE MILLIMETER off-kilter and "destroy" my plane, then lay it on me. The game doesn't offer any prompts about fking landing gear.

I'm on 17 tries now. Continuing to crash, repeatedly, and getting ready to take my controller apart with a jewelers kit and then smashing each individual piece with a hammer like a maniac.

I'm fairly sure it does say something about the landing gear on the first mission you had to fly in, it's R3, unless you're in a plane that doesn't have a changing landing gear (like the stunt plane).
#10qwertyMrJINXPosted 9/28/2013 12:50:04 PM
^L3
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros