That last heist and mission were too...(major spoilers)

#11Gobstoppers12Posted 9/29/2013 1:51:50 PM
A and B both felt forced. C is the only true option and the only one that fits in with the GTA universe. GTA is about taking all comers and ending up on top of a pile of their bodies. That's ending C.

Ending A and B are so anticlimactic and unjustified. Why would Franklin listen to Devin OR Steve Haines? He doesn't like either one, and it's been proven that he, Michael and Trevor can fight off any number of assailants. Why not take the risk?

Also why would he trust that killing Michael/Trevor would be the end of his troubles? Bend over once, you'll bend over again. That's the theme of the story with Michael and the FIB. They never just let him rest until ending C turned up with Steve Haines dead.
---
If I were a woman, I would spend my entire day kissing other women. I don't understand gay men or straight women.-- Jim, The Newsroom
#12b_nolanPosted 9/29/2013 2:07:19 PM
acolytes posted...
My only real issue. GTAIV's final mission, where you chase the guys down on a boat, then in a helicopter, crashing into the Island of Happiness, having an intense shootout was crazy. When I got through that I felt like I'd been through a battle.

I also thought the Stretch stuff was underdeveloped. He appeared in like one cutscene, and I kept forgetting about him.

The problem I have with Stretch was that like you said he was only in like what one mission? Also isn't the only reason Frank wants him dead is because he thinks he may set him and Lamar up? That really shouldn't be grounds for making him one of the main guys you have to kill in the final mission.
---
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/12584329/20120820_ajw_sv3_039.0_standard_352.0.jpg
#13GradieusPosted 9/29/2013 2:29:27 PM
b_nolan posted...

The problem I have with Stretch was that like you said he was only in like what one mission? Also isn't the only reason Frank wants him dead is because he thinks he may set him and Lamar up? That really shouldn't be grounds for making him one of the main guys you have to kill in the final mission.

If you go to Stretch at the end and wait before killing him you'll hear him talking about how Lamar and Frank have to die. So Frank was right about Stretch and he would be a hindrance in the future if left untapped.
#14AzureVergilPosted 9/29/2013 2:42:10 PM
Gradieus posted...
b_nolan posted...

If you go to Stretch at the end and wait before killing him you'll hear him talking about how Lamar and Frank have to die. So Frank was right about Stretch and he would be a hindrance in the future if left untapped.

His main complain is how Stretch is barely developed in the game, we see him once and than for like 80% of the game, we won't see him until near the end.

He barely had any interaction with Franklin to be with the likes of Steve, Devin and Wei Cheng Sr who gave hell to Michael, Trevor and Franklin. Remove Stretch from the game and nothing in the story change.

I would even say Martin Mandrazo, the O'Neil family and the Lost were more relevant than Stretch was.
---
http://i.imgur.com/SJthnOx.gif
#15randomwalkerPosted 9/29/2013 2:48:16 PM
Stretch set up Lamar in the mission where you have to save him at the sawmill.
#16KaZooo(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2013 3:18:21 PM
Yeah mixed thoughts on Stretch. He's technically responsible for 3 missions, all of them literally being setups. The real problem though is Lamar, because he kept working with him.

There should've been a deeper plot into Grove Street and the Ballas. It's a bit annoying that I can't look in there without becoming a target in like 10 seconds.
---
"Don't mess with Kazoo. He will knock you flat...I don't mess with ignignoc_n_er. He will knock me flat"-Soulidarity
http://i.imgur.com/pkNwK.gif
#17rockband221Posted 9/29/2013 3:18:25 PM
I'm still not entirely sure who Stretch was. I didn't remember meeting a character by that name when I was told to go kill him.
---
I really wish I could change my user name.
#18mikewright85Posted 9/29/2013 3:28:55 PM
I actually thought choosing C would mean Franklin would die, so of course I picked C.
---
Olny dmub poeple tnhik slpelilng is ipmortantt.
XBL GT: HelloMiko