Do bisness you buy make you a profit?

#1cstiffler_basicPosted 10/6/2013 6:26:53 AM
Like buying the Taxi company or the movie theater or the golf course.
#2HotsumaruPosted 10/6/2013 7:10:08 AM
They make a weekly profit but it will take a long time before you're making an actual profit for instance a movie theatre worth 10 million only makes 100 thousand a week so you'll ned about 100 weeks to make your money back before the actual profit comes in.
#3Xa3r0xPosted 10/6/2013 7:45:03 AM
http://i.imgur.com/VHSxXeR.jpg
---
League of Legends - LOL ITS X
steamcommunity.com/id/sarjil
#4James MasonPosted 10/6/2013 7:54:58 AM
Don't bother buying them till endgame ,once you have made your 30 or so millions from the last heist and have them turn into 1000+ Millions using the Lester assassination missions. They are really dumb investments that will never turn a decent profit ever... You'll be luck to recoup the costs after 100 or so weeks of in-game time, unless you leave your PS3 open for hundred of hours and risk breaking it.

What's funny is that we were kinda trained into buying property in Vice City and San Andreas, so people immediately spend their heist money on acquiring property. Heck, most of my friends that do not frequent message boards ended up spending their 30 Million endgame share on buying all properties, while most of them have used up the lester assassination missions to make a very small amount of money (like turning that one or so million Michael has from the Jewelry heist into something bigger).

Properties are basically money sinks designed to give the player something to try and buy. They are useless as a means of generating money, you buy them just to have a set of new missions and stuff to do, basically. Most of them don't really have awesome perks either... At the very least if each buisness gave you a big bonus, it would have been great, buy why spend 150 millions on a golf club that allows the owner to save 150 bucks per game and wear street clothes while playing golf.
---
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain PSN : Stealth_Cobra | MGO ID : Killed by Konami's Greed
#5JOKR_bAd_habitzPosted 10/6/2013 8:06:50 AM
James Mason posted...

Properties are basically money sinks designed to give the player something to try and buy. They are useless as a means of generating money, you buy them just to have a set of new missions and stuff to do, basically..

That's exactly what they're for, to give you extra missions at the end.
#6bigcrouchPosted 10/6/2013 8:09:25 AM
JOKR_bAd_habitz posted...
James Mason posted...

Properties are basically money sinks designed to give the player something to try and buy. They are useless as a means of generating money, you buy them just to have a set of new missions and stuff to do, basically..

The missions they give you are rubbish...I'm sick of having to drive the other side of the map (always comes at a bad time) just to shoot some dude who robbed us.
#7James MasonPosted 10/6/2013 8:14:11 AM
Thanks for the spreadsheet btw... It's incorrect for the Airfield though, I bought it with Trevor no problem, and I don't think Franklin can buy it at all.

It confirms what I thought... Pretty much all of the buisness suck major ass except Smoke on the Water, since it's cheap , can be bought early by Franklin and will have generated some cash for him by endgame.

I guess Sonar Collection is probably worth it for getting easy access to a boat with the diving gear, the submarine, and if you actually bother to track down all 30 nuclear waste containers, you'll have made about 426000 bucks out of it.

The Mckenzie airfield is a great buy for Trevor if you get it early. It gives him unrestricted access to planes near his desert home and a place to stash a fighter jet at a time where you can't really afford to buy hangars for Frank and Mike anyway, while the two repeatable missions combined generate 12k which could make some profit after the 13th run, which most people won't have the patience to attempt anyways. I know I did the missions till I got the trophy for them and I haven't since done any repeat airfield runs anyways.

The rest of the buisness are sad jokes useful only to make endgame seem less empty by getting yet another call to "save the bar from the gang attack" so you can make your weekly, insignificant pocket change. I suppose they serve as money laundering companies for the main characters and not much else...
---
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain PSN : Stealth_Cobra | MGO ID : Killed by Konami's Greed
#8Xa3r0xPosted 10/6/2013 8:53:06 AM
bigcrouch posted...
JOKR_bAd_habitz posted...
James Mason posted...

The missions they give you are rubbish...I'm sick of having to drive the other side of the map (always comes at a bad time) just to shoot some dude who robbed us.

It's a breath of fresh air. Something to do when you're done with the game, and don't want to go online.
---
League of Legends - LOL ITS X
steamcommunity.com/id/sarjil
#9IvoryKeys88Posted 10/6/2013 9:08:56 AM
It's still boring missions though. The properties are seriously flawed. The Golf Club and Ten Cent Theatre make the same weekly profit but the theatre costs $20mil and the golf club is $150mil. That's bullcrap.
---
If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.
#10fish2079Posted 10/6/2013 11:19:40 AM
I love the McKinzie airfield. It is easy money if you need some change for weapons/car mods.