Do you find stealth attack useful at all?

#1GjangPosted 10/14/2013 1:25:28 AM
I once tried to attack the guard with stealth attack, being a stealth-action game fanatic, I made sure that I was out of other guards' sight.

I delivered an attack successfully. Everything went well just for around 5 seconds then I immediately had 2 stars (or 3? couldn't remember) on me. And I was sure that no one saw me.

What's the point of stealth stat then? It's like every cops/guards in this game are linked together via SOP system from MGS4 or something.
---
Really run out of ideas for signature.
#2aieieiPosted 10/14/2013 1:53:38 AM
Yep, it seems the stealth fully works only if its use is scripted in the mission you are playing.
#3Otacon305Posted 10/14/2013 2:00:06 AM
Rockstar's grip on the concept of stealth is tenuous at best. I don't get what's so hard to understand about "if no one sees or hears you, you don't incur any consequences."
---
Neither enemy nor friend...
#4banzaiheilPosted 10/14/2013 2:01:05 AM
It's pretty disappointing, as is every other aspect of the psychic cops. Not that they're hard to evade, but it's annoying that you can snipe someone with a silenced sniper rifle and get a wanted level, hide in your safe house (before the cops ever show up) and they WILL find you. Hiding really only works if you either continue moving, or happen to be in a place they just aren't programmed to come find you, like the tunnels.
---
RAMMSTEIN -Atlanta, GA 04/23/2012
Soooooooo good!
#5Elephant RiderPosted 10/14/2013 10:26:50 AM
banzaiheil posted...
It's pretty disappointing, as is every other aspect of the psychic cops. Not that they're hard to evade, but it's annoying that you can snipe someone with a silenced sniper rifle and get a wanted level, hide in your safe house (before the cops ever show up) and they WILL find you. Hiding really only works if you either continue moving, or happen to be in a place they just aren't programmed to come find you, like the tunnels.

Not that this is a stealth attack gripe, but I jumped out of a plane, way up, and as the plane crashed into the ground and blew up, I got a wanted level. Then, when I got close to the ground, the cops started shooting at me. As I was hanging from a parachute, I couldn't really do much so they shot me out of the sky. Psychic cops...

But as far as stealth attack goes, it can be useful in that you can one shot somebody melee style. But as for stealthiness, I dunno.
---
little grey men are coming our way
tastes just like chicken they say
#6FAT_ALTAIRPosted 10/14/2013 10:50:33 AM
I find I can suckerpunch people after just running straight towards them.