Victim with stolen bike, Gary Nichols, Animal Ark stock - minor spoilers

#1SkunkHunterPosted 10/15/2013 3:01:20 PM
kzooanimal

Posted a topic on this earlier, asking if other folks had experienced it and a few had, but it was oddly titled and is also archived. Also, I just confirmed that Trevor (yes, that angel of humanity) can trigger this odd event.

So, you're driving around and you get random crime victims yelling for help. Usually, as Trevor in particular, I just grab the cash and say "thank you very much." But the poor kid with the bicycle, plus what does Trevor need a bike for anyways made me return it to the dude.

A bit later, I got an email from Gary Nichols saying he had given me $100,000 worth of stock in Animal Ark. And he had. So reward! And notice to you all that you can get a tidy reward for returning the bike to the crime victim.
#2AldoMontoyaPosted 10/15/2013 3:07:42 PM
That was the first random event I triggered. I did it with Franklin.
#3SkunkHunter(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 3:19:50 PM
AldoMontoya posted...
That was the first random event I triggered. I did it with Franklin.

Sweet! Nice, early cash bonus. The topic I noted had testimonials that it was done with Franklin and Michael, so apparently all can get that.
#4Red LobstarPosted 10/15/2013 3:21:19 PM
I got it with Frank too but Animal Ark seems useless. The entire game it never moved an inch. Unless it is on BAWSAQ, I can't check right now, but if it's on LCN then yeah, it never moved. Might as well just cash out when you get it unless there's a trick to increasing it.
#5ash274Posted 10/15/2013 3:30:46 PM
The man you can give a lift to the airport with will give you a stock tip that will profit as much as 31% I made over $2M with that tip with Michael, alone. Sell QUICKLY from all characters because as soon as the first one sells the stock will start diving. By the time I sold from the third character the profit was down to 27%.

Also, the woman that was being burred alive will have her dad wire $60,000 into the account of whomever saves her. Don't feed her to the cult!!!!
---
-Ash (PSN: ash-274)
Atari 2600, 2x NES (Powerpad & Zapper), SNES, N64, 2x GB (6volt), GBC, GBA, PS2, PS3 (160GB), Wii, iPhone4, iPad1
#6ps2playfulPosted 10/21/2013 4:22:32 PM
I was wondering... Before you start Bike Thief 1 in Little Bighorn. Can I invest Animal Ark for $1,000? then get Bike Thief 1 and will I get more profit than $100,000?? Just curious
#7SkunkHunter(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 11:16:42 AM
ps2playful posted...
I was wondering... Before you start Bike Thief 1 in Little Bighorn. Can I invest Animal Ark for $1,000? then get Bike Thief 1 and will I get more profit than $100,000?? Just curious

I don't think so. As some folks noted above, all Animal Ark did for me after I was gifted it was fall in value. I checked it as soon as I was notified he gave it to me, and it was around $80,000 in value. I held on to it for a little while, hoping it would go up, but then sold it, to invest in stocks that would go up (I had not done the first assassination mission yet, so I invested in that (see sticky).
#8StrokerPosted 10/22/2013 11:44:57 AM
ash274 posted...
The man you can give a lift to the airport with will give you a stock tip that will profit as much as 31% I made over $2M with that tip with Michael, alone. Sell QUICKLY from all characters because as soon as the first one sells the stock will start diving. By the time I sold from the third character the profit was down to 27%.

Also, the woman that was being burred alive will have her dad wire $60,000 into the account of whomever saves her. Don't feed her to the cult!!!!

If you purchase the stock right before initiating the encounter, it will go up to a maximum of a 32.99% increase.
---
--
#9RabsPosted 10/23/2013 6:37:46 AM
I did this event with Franklin and got the message about getting the $100,000. However I haven't done anything with stocks yet so am I screwed out of the money?
#10SkunkHunter(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 1:27:12 PM
Rabs posted...
I did this event with Franklin and got the message about getting the $100,000. However I haven't done anything with stocks yet so am I screwed out of the money?

Nope. Go into your phone now, check your portfolio, and see what your stock is presently worth. You get whatever that is if you sell it. Who knows? Despite what it seems like folks experienced you might still have $100k worth of stock. Let us know.