How the hell do you make money?

#1PiCaYuNeSyZyGyPosted 10/18/2013 11:57:03 AM
Some of these properties cost 20m + ... and I'm sitting on 300k on each guy

I've bought a few of the lesser properties that give like 2k a week but I don't even know how to collect those

The main missions are giving no money, and the side missions hardly give anything

I can't play the stock market because I don't know what's going to go up or down and I have no money to invest because any time I get money I buy a property

I can't do the assassination missions to influence the market because those are limited and I need to invest like ... tens of millions ahead of time so that I can then make that much more money (speaking of which, how do I start one on Franklin, find out who I'm going to kill, then swap to Trevor and Michael mid mission to invest???)

Other than that ... I've yet to see any way to make money in this game and I'm at mission 40 of 69

Also, I don't want to do the unlimited cash cheat ...
---
PSN EonBlueSyz
#2SoulidarityPosted 10/18/2013 12:06:03 PM
do the epsilon missions with michael.

aside from that, make money post game, once you have all your heists done. dont buy properties until youve made all the money you're going to from heists and assassinations.

read the sticky to know ahead of time which stocks to invest in, or just save before you take the mission, figure out where to invest, reload and invest with all 3 before you take it again.
---
Playing: Aion and the Resident Evil Anthology
PSN: soulidarity
#3Retroxgamer0Posted 10/18/2013 12:20:14 PM
you save the assassination missions for after you beat the game, when you have max money to invest in the stocks, and all assassination missions tell you what to invest into. you switch to the other two right after you do the mission imediately, then go sleep in your bed a few days and sell your stocks when it skyrockets. sometimes the third char makes a bit less cause of not swtiching fastenough so make sure michael gets the most money. hes the one with the most expensive properties afterall.
#4hugaddictPosted 10/18/2013 12:41:22 PM
The game is cheap as hell with money, and the sticky post idiotic. What's the point of making money after you beat the game. The fun of money is upgrades and such for the missions.
---
Sing Me Soft Kitty
#5SoulidarityPosted 10/18/2013 12:44:15 PM
hugaddict posted...
The game is cheap as hell with money, and the sticky post idiotic. What's the point of making money after you beat the game. The fun of money is upgrades and such for the missions.

Then feel free to run around beating people up and taking their money for a few thousand hours
---
Playing: Aion and the Resident Evil Anthology
PSN: soulidarity
#6Aero369Posted 10/18/2013 1:02:15 PM
Don't worry, no matter how you do the missions or what advice you choose after the final heist you'll have enough money to do basically whatever... As far as having 300k per character right now.. As long as you don't go overboard with customizing every car you steal that should last you a good amount of time.
---
~Get rich, or die hungry~
#7ash274Posted 10/18/2013 1:15:53 PM
Soulidarity posted...
hugaddict posted...

Then feel free to run around beating people up and taking their money for a few thousand hours

What exactly do you need to upgrade to do a mission? Other than buying ammunition, you can pick up *any* weapon or armor right from the beginning. Modded cars are helpful for the races but the missions can generally be done with most stock vehicles and you can steal better ones.

Epsilon can get you $2,000,000 (for Michael) the Sonar Dock property will profit $440,000 for whichever character bought it.

As for Random Event payoffs:
Hitch Lift 1 can add 31-25% to all of your characters' worth
Bike Thief 1 gives you $100,000 in stock you can sell
Burial gives you $60,000
Drug Shootout gives you $40,000-$100,000 each time (each 1-2 weeks)
Countryside Robbery can be $5,000-$10,000
Deal Gone Wrong is $25,000
Security Vans have $3,000-$8,000 each and are repeatable
Muggings and Robberies can be a few hundred to a few thousand, each

Lester's first assassination mission (required to move on in the story) can add as much as 81% to each characters' worth.

There are lots of ways to make a little money, an few ways to make good money, and there are LOTS of reasons not to spend it until after you're done with the story.
---
-Ash (PSN: ash-274)
Atari 2600, 2x NES (Powerpad & Zapper), SNES, N64, 2x GB (6volt), GBC, GBA, PS2, PS3 (160GB), Wii, iPhone4, iPad1
#8othatguyPosted 10/18/2013 4:45:31 PM
I won every race and did with unmodified vehicles. I beat every mission with a few modified guns.I doubt I spent more than$25k onanything. You really don't need the money.that cash is way more than plenty.
#9Thermador446Posted 10/18/2013 8:08:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10teamparadox2kPosted 10/18/2013 8:17:33 PM
hugaddict posted...

Your missing the point the game is trying to make about money. Anyways even without doing any stocks or lester missions you should have more than enough cash to buy weapons and upgrade stuff during the game. If not your playing poorly. You almost never need to buy weapons since missions provide them.

Buying properties is meant to be done after you beat the story but you can afford some before then. If you can't you are playing wrong and or dying far too much
---
Now Playing: Rage (PC) [8] - Deus Ex(360) [9] - Forza 4 (360) [9.5]
XBL GT/PSN id-d0x360