How to get the Karin Futo in GTAV (Tested) [SPOILERS]

#1SenorGalahadPosted 10/23/2013 4:31:06 PM
SPOILER alert!

Saw this on a Youtube video so credits to the guy who found it first!

After searching for DAYS for the Futo using every suggested spawn location etc with no luck I finally found a way to find the car. This method isn't an exact location but it really works so try it!

Start the Stranger/Freak mission "Sex Tape" playing as Franklin with Beverley the paparazzi guy (you can either do this the first time you ever do the mission or on a replay, if you are replaying the mission, drive to the Vinewood area before you start the mission, either East or West, it doesn't matter where exactly you are but after you finish the mission you will be sent back to the spot you were in before you click replay so it's easier if you are already in or near the Vinewood area)

NOTE: I replayed the mission 3 times starting in different cars and in different areas and found the Futo every time pretty quickly so don't give up!

During the mission you run from a crazed celebrity whilst filming her from your car, she crashes into a Futo during the earlier part of the chase and you need to make sure you catch this on camera (it's not too hard). Finish the mission as you would normally.

Once you've completed it and saved the game you need to drive around the East/West Vinewood Area in whatever car you're in (Anywhere below the Vinewood Hills) this mission forces the Futo to spawn randomly on the streets so keep driving until you see one. It can be immediate or take a few minutes but they DO spawn eventually.

If you replay the mission from a place on the map that is far away from the area of the chase/not on an actual road or a back alley the chance of catching one of these cars is unlikely so, again, make sure you're near the area the chase takes place.

I hope this helps anyone who has been struggling to find this car as much as I have.

Happy drifting :]
#2ash274Posted 10/23/2013 4:42:15 PM
SenorGalahad posted...
SPOILER alert!

Saw this on a Youtube video so credits to the guy who found it first!

After searching for DAYS for the Futo using every suggested spawn location etc with no luck I finally found a way to find the car. This method isn't an exact location but it really works so try it!

Start the Stranger/Freak mission "Sex Tape" playing as Franklin with Beverley the paparazzi guy (you can either do this the first time you ever do the mission or on a replay, if you are replaying the mission, drive to the Vinewood area before you start the mission, either East or West, it doesn't matter where exactly you are but after you finish the mission you will be sent back to the spot you were in before you click replay so it's easier if you are already in or near the Vinewood area)

NOTE: I replayed the mission 3 times starting in different cars and in different areas and found the Futo every time pretty quickly so don't give up!

During the mission you run from a crazed celebrity whilst filming her from your car, she crashes into a Futo during the earlier part of the chase and you need to make sure you catch this on camera (it's not too hard). Finish the mission as you would normally.

Once you've completed it and saved the game you need to drive around the East/West Vinewood Area in whatever car you're in (Anywhere below the Vinewood Hills) this mission forces the Futo to spawn randomly on the streets so keep driving until you see one. It can be immediate or take a few minutes but they DO spawn eventually.

If you replay the mission from a place on the map that is far away from the area of the chase/not on an actual road or a back alley the chance of catching one of these cars is unlikely so, again, make sure you're near the area the chase takes place.

I hope this helps anyone who has been struggling to find this car as much as I have.

Happy drifting :]

I drove past one en-route from the foundry during the (option C) last mission I wasn't going to stop and grab it right then.
---
-Ash (PSN: ash-274)
Atari 2600, 2x NES (Powerpad & Zapper), SNES, N64, 2x GB (6volt), GBC, GBA, PS2, PS3 (160GB), Wii, iPhone4, iPad1
#3SoulidarityPosted 10/23/2013 5:17:58 PM
I just happened across one of these today on my new (2nd playthrough) file. completely random spawn, not related to that mission. Didn't even know about this car, but when I saw it, I knew it was rare, so i grabbed it for my garage.
---
Playing: Alternating between GTA V, RE 4-6, and GT 5
PSN: soulidarity
#4XsjadoTwin11Posted 10/23/2013 11:52:32 PM
I see these all the time parked back by the hangers in the los Santos airport if you're ever looking for one in a jiff
---
"I'm a reverse engineered replication of the future generations."
(psn: dissGruntled)
#5North_to_SouthPosted 10/24/2013 6:44:21 AM
Soulidarity posted...
I just happened across one of these today on my new (2nd playthrough) file. completely random spawn, not related to that mission. Didn't even know about this car, but when I saw it, I knew it was rare, so i grabbed it for my garage.

Haha, that is basically exactly what I was going to say. I knew that bugger was rare so kicked the crap outta the biatch driving it, then went straight to the garage. I also have Poppy Mitchells pink car in there too just for the sake of it lol. I like the Futo, it ain't classy looking but fun to drive.
#6Synner40Posted 10/24/2013 8:17:49 AM
I snagged one durning one of the property missions. missing a door,fender,flat tire,and one wheel jammed up I limped the sob. to the closet LSC. it now has a permanent home in Micheals Safe house. and ever sense I snagged it they seem to spawn more regular.
---
Madman With A Box
PSN-Z3R0OneOneSe7en Twitter-@Synned40
#7ElemenopePosted 10/24/2013 9:28:34 AM
its not even all that rare, try finding a civilian Crown Victoria aka a Vapid "Stanier"
---
Humans, our best friends, yet our greatest weakness. - Bu113tPr00fM4n
Dear God, please kill Peter Parker.
#8gigoranPosted 10/24/2013 6:24:05 PM
Elemenope posted...
its not even all that rare, try finding a civilian Crown Victoria aka a Vapid "Stanier"

Online = not rare
Offline = rare
---
Cal Naughton, Jr.: Shake and bake!
Ricky Bobby: What does that do? Does that blow your mind? That just happened!
#9beardface21Posted 10/24/2013 6:41:24 PM
Try a muscle car such as the Dominator if you're lucky. I noticed Futos start to spawn randomly in the industrial areas when I'm in one.

The only problem is, the Dominator can be a rare car too...
---
Ghost Recon FS: Where you can be invisible and a noob at the same time! PSN:usfstu18