GTA car brands/makes and their real life counterparts

#1SoulidarityPosted 12/3/2013 11:50:03 AM
Probably been discussed before, but I didn't find a topic. Something I payed less attention to when the game was new and fresh, but lately I've spent more time trying to match up brands in game to real life counterparts.

Its pretty clear to me that
Bravada = Dodge/Ram
Obey = Audi
Ubermacht = BMW
Coil = Tesla
Gallivanter = Range Rover

Some others I'm not entirely sure about

Vapid = Ford?
Cheval = Chevrolet?
Karin = Nissan?
Dinka = Honda?

And others I don't really know at all

Overflod
Dundreary

Thats all the makes I can think of off the top of my head, but I know there's more. Any car buffs know for sure about makes beyond the 5 I'm sure about?
---
Playing: Alternating between GTA V, RE 4-6, and GT 5
PSN: soulidarity
#2TheSuperGameGodPosted 12/3/2013 11:54:54 AM
I thought the Karin was a Toyota because one of the Karin's looks like a Toyota Prius.
#3Soulidarity(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 12:01:09 PM
You might be right. I honestly wasn't sure if the rebel was a toyota or nissan truck, but one of their smaller 4 door cars looked like a Sentra to me.
---
#4KaZoooPosted 12/3/2013 4:32:03 PM
Karin is Toyota
There's alternates of the Corolla (new and old), GS300, FJ Cruiser, Hilux, and Prius

Overflod is Koenigsegg
Dundreary is claimed to be Mercury according to gtawiki. I'm really unfamiliar with Mercury myself to confirm.

Benefactor is Mercedes although the Surano has cues from the Jaguar F-Type
Pegassi is Lamborghini/Ducati, although the vehicles have a few cues from McLaren and Pagani (which sounds similar)
Grotti is Ferrari
Ocelot is Jaguar although the F620 looks dominantly like a Maserati (which is Lampadati)

bit lazy to list the rest. gta wiki probably ID'd all of them.
---
"Don't mess with Kazoo. He will knock you flat...I don't mess with ignignoc_n_er. He will knock me flat"-Soulidarity
http://i.imgur.com/pkNwK.gif
#5bigjoe980Posted 12/3/2013 6:45:30 PM
Don't forget that the Elegy RH-8 = Nissan GT-R

The BF Bifta could easily pass as one of many Catterhams. It resembles a squished Catterham super-light but the engine is in the back .. So, you tell me, cause I ain't ever seen a dune buggy/sand rail like that.
#6Dr-Steve_BrulePosted 12/3/2013 6:55:50 PM
Maibatsu = Mitsubishi
---
You can call me little Stevie
#7vivalatourPosted 12/4/2013 5:43:25 AM
Dominator - Mustang , there is another that looks like the newer charger/camero ?
#8SanAndreas_GurlPosted 12/4/2013 11:22:28 AM
vivalatour posted...
Dominator - Mustang , there is another that looks like the newer charger/camero ?

I think that's the gauntlet? I forgot the name of the maker though
---
Posted using GameFlux
#9Soulidarity(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 11:02:36 PM
Bravada Gauntlet. Its a Dodge Challenger.
---
#10Gaara_fanPosted 12/5/2013 5:04:34 AM
Soulidarity posted...
Probably been discussed before, but I didn't find a topic. Something I payed less attention to when the game was new and fresh, but lately I've spent more time trying to match up brands in game to real life counterparts.

Its pretty clear to me that
Bravada = Dodge/Ram
Obey = Audi
Ubermacht = BMW
Coil = Tesla
Gallivanter = Range Rover

Some others I'm not entirely sure about

Vapid = Ford?
Cheval = Chevrolet?
Karin = Nissan?
Dinka = Honda?

And others I don't really know at all

Overflod
Dundreary

Thats all the makes I can think of off the top of my head, but I know there's more. Any car buffs know for sure about makes beyond the 5 I'm sure about?

It's been noted for many GTA's that a car in gta while may resemble a car in IRL, it's not only one car and actually some mix of various cars. Still, you can make assumptions for what gta car/bike brands are related to real life ones.

Vapid is Ford, though some models look like ones from Chevrolet or Dodge. Just look at the oval symbol in red (mockery?). Gotta love the Vapid Bullet GT series.

Cheval, while the name implies chevrolet, it's symbol resembles more the Australian GM subsidiary = Holden.

Karin is Toyota/Lexus (Which are the same company btw). Most of it's cars resembles the ones from toyota/lexus and also the logo is remarkably similar to Toyota/Lexus one.

Dinka is indeed Honda. Again, all models of cars and bikers are similar to honda ones. Overflod, as pointed by other member is Koenigsegg. Dundreary seems based on Mercury.

Funny that no one mentioned Pfister and it's only one car Comet. It's Porsche, btw.

I also like how Pegassi is clearly a mix of Pagani, Lamborghini, Ducati and even McClaren. Just look at the rear of the Infernus, it's a Pagani Zonda but the rest of the car it's a murciélago.
---
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the of Necromancer. Mystic Cage"