Is it just me or is the online a huge step back from GTAIV?

#1Chosen_one_41Posted 1/9/2014 3:55:26 PM
I started playing the online today (I haven't even played the single player past the intro) and I am just stunned by what I am seeing. First I was screwing around with the pistol and when I ran out of ammo I committed suicide by cop and found out that re-spawning doesn't give you ammo. So then after running around for a half hour unsuccessfully looking for weapons lying around I found an ammunation.

I then find out that you have to rank up before you can use any of the fun guns and you have to spend a limited amount of in game money for the guns and ammo. The only way I've seen to get in game money is with real money or those really boring races. So I buy as much pistol ammo as I can and try to rob the place. Turns out you cant aim a weapon indoors or something. I stood in the doorway and killed the clerk and I got absolutely nothing from that. I couldn't take any of the guns or some ammo or even the weapon off the dead guy. And then the cops showed up, I couldn't take cover and they shot through the walls and killed me very quickly.

I liked how in GTAIV there were guns and health littered everywhere for people to pick up for free and people just ran around and did crazy crap. Now you gotta level up before you can have any fun like some MMORPG and have to be careful with your ammo because you have a limited amount of money to spend on ammo.

So is this how it is? You gotta grind/pay micro transactions for ammo now? If any of this crap is in the single player then I will be seriously pissed off but I am sure that is not the case based on the single player reviews I've seen. If I wanted a good open world multiplayer game I probably would have been better off getting saints row. That being said GTAV did come with my console so I didn't really have much of a choice.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
Rarity is best pony
#2dariusjr98Posted 1/9/2014 4:19:57 PM
Wrong board pal.

And if you're talking single player wise, it's just you.

It's amazing how many people can't read the second topic title on this board. "GTA Online has its own board." It's a sticky for a reason.
---
For my age, I have a pretty impressive game collection. It could still be much better than it is right now, and I intend to expand it. A LOT.
#3Sony_FanaticPosted 1/9/2014 10:42:20 PM
Is this guy serious?
---
PSN PHOENIX_4pp | LoL Ikasnu
Platinum Trophy Count 4
#4vivalatourPosted 1/10/2014 5:00:40 AM
the chosen one should chose to leave !
#5ThrillKillFanPosted 1/10/2014 6:55:15 AM
Chosen_one_41 posted...
I started playing the online today (I haven't even played the single player past the intro) and I am just stunned by what I am seeing. First I was screwing around with the pistol and when I ran out of ammo I committed suicide by cop and found out that re-spawning doesn't give you ammo. So then after running around for a half hour unsuccessfully looking for weapons lying around I found an ammunation.

I then find out that you have to rank up before you can use any of the fun guns and you have to spend a limited amount of in game money for the guns and ammo. The only way I've seen to get in game money is with real money or those really boring races. So I buy as much pistol ammo as I can and try to rob the place. Turns out you cant aim a weapon indoors or something. I stood in the doorway and killed the clerk and I got absolutely nothing from that. I couldn't take any of the guns or some ammo or even the weapon off the dead guy. And then the cops showed up, I couldn't take cover and they shot through the walls and killed me very quickly.

I liked how in GTAIV there were guns and health littered everywhere for people to pick up for free and people just ran around and did crazy crap. Now you gotta level up before you can have any fun like some MMORPG and have to be careful with your ammo because you have a limited amount of money to spend on ammo.

So is this how it is? You gotta grind/pay micro transactions for ammo now? If any of this crap is in the single player then I will be seriously pissed off but I am sure that is not the case based on the single player reviews I've seen. If I wanted a good open world multiplayer game I probably would have been better off getting saints row. That being said GTAV did come with my console so I didn't really have much of a choice.

Honestly, I agree with just about everything you've said. I hate that all of the fun stuff is locked behind level walls now. The only really fun part with GTA O is the glitches, just like it was in IV/EFLC.

But yeah, you are also posting this on the wrong board.
---
Your best? Losers always whine about 'their best', winners go home and **** the prom queen.- Sean Connery, "The Rock"
#6baseballcfld3Posted 1/10/2014 10:33:08 AM
If you perfer GTA IV then, you can gladly sell your copy of GTA V and get a copy of IV. That game was one big TDM with no real point. GTA ONLINE is completely different for a reason.
#7nnuldaPosted 1/10/2014 12:47:54 PM
I think there have been better Maps, IE, Vice City, San Andreas [The Best IMO] and GTA IV.
This Map is a HUGE Waste of Space, Unless they release a property development DLC and we can build Houses, Condo's , Towns, will never happen I know.
The cars handle better, the aircraft not so
But Nico was a pain in the butt and who actually let the whiney ass Roman live??
The friends system was also a huge pain in the Butt always calling when you were in the middle of things like a mission.
The business calls in this game are far more tame.
The characters in this game are better [Michael maybe a bit of a blowhard].the look and feel way better.
The only real gripes, making money from missions and having to follow the stock market guide to the letter to make money.
The cop system is a huge pain, okay in the city I can almost understand in this age of cellphones that some do gooder may call the cops when you punch someone or steal a car
But this is GTA and it never happened before and we loved that
Rockstar saying this is based in reality is what pisses me off the most
What a crock
I live in the real world, I watch the news everyday and constantly see via that and you tube how people don't call the cops, but take video of the crime on their cellphones and it takes days if not weeks for the cops to find you.
I have been hunting in the wilderness and not once has a cop materialized out of thin air half way up a deserted mountain and shot at me
Also, we can't have a jet pack because its too far fetched, yet some cross between Sheldon and Data can send us on a mission to find spaceship parts and reward us with a [totally useless] Alien powered dune buggy and that is actually based on some real event ????
This is GTA, not reality if we wanted total reality would we not be playing a sim.
So, maybe I digress, the game is better than GTA IV but the world is under utilized and Rockstar seem to have lost the plot, figuratively and literally
#8saking727Posted 1/10/2014 1:52:54 PM
nnulda posted...
I think there have been better Maps, IE, Vice City, San Andreas [The Best IMO] and GTA IV.
This Map is a HUGE Waste of Space,

People were saying this about San Andreas
---
I'm saking727, and I approve this message.
#9ThrillKillFanPosted 1/10/2014 3:55:24 PM
baseballcfld3 posted...
If you perfer GTA IV then, you can gladly sell your copy of GTA V and get a copy of IV. That game was one big TDM with no real point. GTA ONLINE is completely different for a reason.

I've already owned 3-4 copies of IV and I had the standalone Episodes From Liberty City disc version as well. Now I own the 'Complete' edition with GTA IV and EFLC. But to say that GTA Online is different from IV/EFLC and NOT a big death match is pretty laughable.

That's all most of the dimwits in GTAO do. Oh I see a random dot coming at me. BOOM HEADSHOT. At least in IV/EFLC you had the ability to have friendly fire turned OFF, so it took em a while to kill you versus in GTA O.
---
Your best? Losers always whine about 'their best', winners go home and **** the prom queen.- Sean Connery, "The Rock"
#10Chosen_one_41(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 2:01:25 PM
How is this the wrong board? I'm talking about GTAV and this is the GTAV board. The game case says "Grand Theft Auto V". I've never heard of a game called GTA Online.... oh on the back of the game case it says "Includes GTA Online". Huh never looked there. How do I play GTAV's regular multiplayer then?
---
http://www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
Rarity is best pony