Is it just me or is the online a huge step back from GTAIV?

#11SilverhermitPosted 1/15/2014 2:24:11 PM
GTA (Online)...... Which is the bit you referred to in the title of your thread...... Has its own board. Hence people saying this is the wrong board to ask said question......
This is the board for the single player (offline) part of the game.

It's not complicated.
---
I Like Your Style Gnome
#12Chosen_one_41(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 2:59:54 PM
So I looked it up and GTA Online is just what people call the multiplayer and is not a separate game. Why does the GTA multiplayer have it's own board? I've never seen a game get two boards here, some times games get split boards for trading or something but why is GTAV so special that it gets two separate boards for the singleplayer and multiplayer?
---
http://www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
Rarity is best pony
#13SilverhermitPosted 1/15/2014 3:13:30 PM
It's to differentiate between the online game, and the single player game..... It's not so relevant now, but for the first couple of months after release both message boards were getting about 100 new threads an hour, and several hundred responses too.... per hour....

OK, it's calmed down a bit now, but at that time, it was seen as necessary......
---
I Like Your Style Gnome
#14verbal_assaultPosted 1/15/2014 4:22:44 PM
baseballcfld3 posted...
If you perfer GTA IV then, you can gladly sell your copy of GTA V and get a copy of IV. That game was one big TDM with no real point. GTA ONLINE is completely different for a reason.

Really? just like gta 5. WOW
---
PSN Fishy_Stick:
I've seen a 10 page argument about Cap'n Crunch cutting the roof of your mouth. This is nothing - akatsukiba
#15F_H_NukemPosted 1/15/2014 10:30:50 PM
nnulda posted...
I have been hunting in the wilderness and not once has a cop materialized out of thin air half way up a deserted mountain and shot at me

thats been in all the GTA's anyway

you always got 1 star for killing 3 people within 30 seconds in the PS2 games
---
"The CoD franchise is the McDonalds of video games, its widely known to be bad but millions still eat it up" - therickmu25 - 11/26/12
#16Chosen_one_41(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2014 4:17:25 PM
baseballcfld3 posted...
If you perfer GTA IV then, you can gladly sell your copy of GTA V and get a copy of IV. That game was one big TDM with no real point. GTA ONLINE is completely different for a reason.

Why would I ever sell a game, do I look like a filthy casual to you? I buy my games so that I can own them, not to launder $60 into $30 of store credit. I've never understood the mentality of people like that.

And how do you think I know of GTAIVs multiplayer, second hand? I actually own that game.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
Rarity is best pony
#17Tbx66Posted 1/18/2014 7:50:52 AM
a huge step back from IV is a bit of a stretch. But I found myself not enjoying the game as much I would have excepted. Couldn't help feeling somewhat disappointed.
---
"You assume i give a damn. That's cute."
#18narutou135710Posted 1/19/2014 2:23:08 AM
This is why I hardly ever play it. I like the a Story Mode 10x Better. Online 4/10. Story Mode 9/10.
#19SilverhermitPosted 1/20/2014 8:31:29 AM
If someone can explain where the fun from the online part of the game comes from.....
AND that explanation makes sense.......

Then I'd gladly invest some time on it.....
---
I Like Your Style Gnome
#20KOLDFYERPosted 1/20/2014 1:48:14 PM
baseballcfld3 posted...

inb4sharkcards