How do personal vehicles work?

#1Ocelot RisingPosted 1/16/2014 3:42:15 PM
I've sort of realised that certain cars will often spawn near to the character when you switch to them or be in their drive at home. Their personal cars?

Are these vehicles persistent? I mean, if I upgrade one of these cars, will it then spawn next to me upgraded?

If that's the case, I'm not sure what garages are for. To change this default car or is it an extra car you can keep around as well? I parked something in a garage once and it got impounded. I didn't get it.

I haven't modded any cars yet because it seems pointless, but if they stick around on these personal cars, it gets more worth it.

Thanks!
---
kozublue
#2burdi1arPosted 1/16/2014 3:46:27 PM
Yea the upgrades save. The point of garages is to save other cars obviously.
---
"Good night, I'll see you in your dreams, I'll be the clown holding a knife standing over your bed"- Stephen Colbert
#3MegamanXfan21xxPosted 1/16/2014 5:15:48 PM
Characters' default vehicles will always respawn and keep any upgrades, even if they blow up. You can't change a default car, so Trevor, for example, will always have his beat-up pickup truck to rely on, even if the player would rather he use a sports car.
---
Number of fellow Poets of the Fall fans: 18
Waiting for: Watch_Dogs, Just Cause 3, NA release of Yakuza 5/1&2 HD
#4vivalatourPosted 1/17/2014 6:56:54 AM
and if you fail to put them in garage you'll find them at the impound ..
#5nativenginePosted 1/17/2014 7:00:27 AM
vivalatour posted...

Maybe
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
"That little green bastard never said ANYTHING about purple lightning!"
#6good_tobiPosted 1/17/2014 3:34:26 PM
nativengine posted...
vivalatour posted...

Maybe

I can't. It's really confusing for me how owning vehicles really work in story mode. They should have made it easier like online.
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#7tri sapphirePosted 1/17/2014 3:34:44 PM
Default cars don't need to be put in a garage. They always respawn with the character, or near their safehouse. I don't think they're ever impounded.
---
"If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed...I must simply laugh!!."- Magus
#8PyroJamesPosted 1/18/2014 7:29:34 AM
^ correct. personal, default cars can not be impounded and if you abandon it somewhere, they will always respawn near the character's safehouse.

Garages are meant to allow you to store more cars which is really handy when you come across a unique or rare car and dont want to lose it. Regular cars that you upgrade will be saved with all upgrades if you leave them at a garage Regular cars that are abandoned will be impounded by the po-po.

If you upgrade a car and accidentally abandon it, check the impound lot because it might be there.
---
:0l < -- (Me when I have nothing to say.)